Sony DVP s7000 cannot play some new DVD's

gdanieli

I tried to play Falling Skies on my Sony DVP s7000 and I was not able to have access to the menu and change subtitles Do you know the reason ? Plays well on the 7700 Sony!
Thank you!

I tried to play Falling Skies on my Sony DVP s7000 and I was not able to have access to the menu and change subtitles Do you know the reason ? Plays well on the 7700 Sony!
Thank you!

On some units firmware update is necessary to play certain discs.

Would have no idea about the specifics in this case but that's the path I would look to were I in your shoes.

I had that issue too; it's why I use it as a transport now and use an Oppo for video.

It could be due to updated DVD copy protection, encoded on the DVD's. The SSCRST encryption (anti-hacking) keys are updated fairly often. This is done to try and keep ahead of ripping software, to try and prevent the ability to create pirated DVD copies. Unfortunately, new encryption keys can cause playback issues in many older DVD players. So, unless you can update the player's firmware, the Falling Skies discs will probably never play correctly on the s7000. Sorry.

I was thinking about firmware issue but I cannot ind any solution.

I also have 2 Pioneer DVD V7400. I cannot get any picture and sound from hose 2 units. I use the same RGB and optic output that I use with my other DVD player and..nothing. No access to the menu, no signal.

Back
Top Bottom