Sony ES tuner (St-SA50ES) universal remote

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by PabloTincho, Jan 13, 2018.

1. PabloTincho

PabloTincho Member

I just got a St-SA50ES tuner, and I am looking for a remote.
    For those who have any of the ES tuners, what kind of universal remote are using in their tuners ?
    All of the ES line have the same remote

thanks for your time

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

2. dlrhawks

dlrhawks New Member

There's no remote control with this model #, and no port for a communications cable (I believe Sony referred to it as S-Command or something like that) where a receiver or some other component can control this tuner.

At least this is what the Sony Support site's owner's manual pdf shows. 1999 model year, "Unpacking" on page 4 upper left, no remote in the box.

3. PabloTincho

PabloTincho Member

• ST - SA 50ES has no remote control as standard.

• However, the ST - SA 50ES has a remote control light receiving section, so if you purchase a remote control for SONY tuner separately, you can operate the remote control. This is a known backwaters who know anyone who is doing audio for a long time.

• I tried using the ST - S333 ESG, ST - S333 ESA remote control like the photo, but it worked without problem.

http://nice.kaze.com/av/st-sa50es.html

4. dlrhawks

dlrhawks New Member

A Logitech USB remote might have the codes you need. I just added a Sony ST-S333ESA to my Logitech, found it right away.

My remote is +5 years old, but going to the Logitech site, there appear to be a few still made that support a SA-S333ESA and ESG.

Check them out.

5. PabloTincho

PabloTincho Member

Do you have a ST-S333ESA ? how do you like it so far ?

6. dlrhawks

dlrhawks New Member

No I do not. I have owned several ES pieces from the late 90's thru early 00's though and for the most part loved them all - I just went back to mostly all analog cause I just don't have the appropriate room for a good surround sound speaker setup.

I still use my STR-DA4ES today in my living room along with a DVP-S9000ES as a CD player. I use the 4ES as a preamp because it has optical and analog inputs. I darn near cried when the board went out on my DA5ES receiver. THAT thing was a horse!

I do own a couple Sony receivers from the early 70's, I listen to one of either of them pretty much daily, and enjoy them both very much. I know the STR-6055 is 5 gang and I believe the 6050 is too.