Sony F590ES vs Onkyo TX-822

Irmi

Hello. Many times i read your forum, and now i have one question to audio professionals.
My dilemma is choose between F590 and TX-822. Few days ago i bought TX-822 in garage sale for about 10 pounds.
So, i tried to compare this Onkyo vs my old Sony ES. And i was suprised. Onkyo was make mutch powerfull sound in all fq, more detailed from low to hight, special in hight and low range.
I tried to find something reviews about this Onkyo, but i found nothing serious. Is this Onkyo are only not intresting crap? But i liked it more than my Sony "high end" amp.
So, i need chose between to amps, because i do not have place for two.
Which one i should have?
Is it somthing have experience with F590 and TX822 and can help me with choice?
Tested with Onkyo DX 2800 cd player and Canton floorstanding speakers. Nothing special, but still i heard different.

My points:

F590ES:
1.design (inside :) and outside).
2.have remote control.
3.ES line.

TX822:
1. Nice sound, only. Because is not nice, i have not remote control, and i dont like that fm tuner inside.

Thank you for your opinions.

Last edited:
I say go with what you hear, and what fits the rest of your gear. Sometimes less expensive gear sounds better than it ought to. Peace and goodwill.

Yeah, sounds like a dilemma. The F590ES looks to be very well made but if it does not suit your taste, then it must go. The Onkyo doesn't have the snob factor of owning a nice piece. It is cheap and cheaply made and doesn't look very nice. It must go as well. However, you now have a better idea what sound to look for. The journey continues...

Thank you for some answers. Yesterday i tried these two again. And now i can really to say, Onkyo make much more better sound than Sony. Onkyo sound are so clear, that i can hear some scratches from a scratched CD plate (that same effect som from "used" LP, first time i hear it from CD). Nothing that special i can't hear when i plug back F590. Tried with different music genres, all times TX822 sounds was better. So, i think i should stay with Onkyo.

The onkyo TX 822 is a cheap amplfier and used STK 4171 ic for output ,as far the stk 4171 heat very fast and can burn easily if you play 4 ohm speaker ,the sony TA F 590 is a mosfet amplifier with transistors construction it is used high quality component .

Onkyo make much more better sound than Sony. Onkyo sound are so clear, that i can hear some scratches from a scratched CD plate (that same effect som from "used" LP, first time i hear it from CD). Nothing that special i can't hear when i plug back F590. Tried with different music genres, all times TX822 sounds was better. So, i think i should stay with Onkyo.

Well said. I do not claim to be any kind of expert, but my recent purchase of an ONKYO CD unit transformed the sound quality of CDs. Crystal clear but very musical sound.

Back
Top Bottom