Sony HAP-S1 software update and problems

70'sMusic

Hi Everyone,

Recently, I've been getting a dialog box telling me to update the software on my Sony HAP-S1 in order to use the remote app. I also get the same message when I turn on my HAP-S1. But, I've been reluctant to update due to a few threads of people reporting that their Sony's stopped working after this update.

I have the very first model that came out and it's been great so far. Has anyone had any problems with this recent software update?

Thank you in advance for your help, I really appreciate it!

Try it. You can always go back to the previous firmware if you have problems. I have the latest firmware on my Z1 with no issues.

Hi,

Been enjoying this little player but how do I copy my iTunes playlist so that I can choose them from the Sony's menu?

I doubt you can do that directly. I think you're limited to TuneIn and Spotify over the internet.

You could connect another device like a cell phone, laptop, or pad to the Sony via its analog inputs.

I doubt you can do that directly. I think you're limited to TuneIn and Spotify over the internet.

You could connect another device like a cell phone, laptop, or pad to the Sony via its analog inputs.

Thank you FauxHall. I was hoping that when I transferred my music over to the Sony that the playlist would be included. I have a bunch of playlist and it is much faster to simply choose the playlist vs. searching for the artists or albums. Can you create custom playlist inside of the Sony's menu?

Yes you can create playlists, at least on the HAP-Z1ES and I assume on the S1. It works via the cell phone app.

But the music file needs to be on the local hard drive.

The prime use of these machines is for downloaded or ripped music files. Streaming is an secondary function. But then I don't do Spotify or iTunes at all and internet radio rarely.

Thank you FauxHall, I really appreciate the help. No, I don't stream so I'm good. I was hoping I could transfer my iTunes playlist as I have about a hundred of them. For example, I have 4 playlists for Christmas music, one of which features Christmas jazz music. I wanted to listen to it using my Sony HAP-S1 but the playlist don't appear in my menus. So, I had to do a search for Christmas Music and choose the individual songs I wanted to hear. I had to perform a search each time to find the individual song and wanted to be able to place them in one location so that once I choose the playlist, all of them would play. I'm enjoying my HAP-S1 but having to search for songs each time I want to hear them was disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom