Sony or Yamaha AV reciever

Discussion in 'Home Theater & Video' started by 91firebird, May 9, 2018.

1. 91firebird

91firebird Active Member

well want a new AV recievers,anyone own the latest Sony AV recievers.they get good reviews but do they
    Have good deep bass and good highs.want a good atmos and truhd Dolby digital dts reciever,also the
    Demons are also good.have never owned a Sony reciever but they are a large movie company.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Can't go wrong with the Yamaha "Aventage" series. More warranty coverage than most and more features offered for the buck.

Check them out. Picked up the mid series 740 a while back and no probs.

Q

StimpyWan likes this.
  3. donprice

donprice Wound up workin' at a gas station.... Subscriber

Another vote here for the Yamahas. Very happy with my 6-7 year old RX-A2010.

4. EngineerNate

EngineerNate AK Subscriber Subscriber

For av I feel like bass is going to be more dependent on your sub setup than the AVR. Modern AVRs are destinguished mostly by the quality of their eq solutions, interfaces, and to a lesser extent their amp sections. They're all pretty competent beyond a certain price point.

5. Raynald

Raynald AK Subscriber Subscriber

Another vote for Yamaha. I used to sell both back when home theater was just beginning and I still own Yamaha today.

6. StimpyWan

StimpyWan AK Subscriber Subscriber

Yamaha here too. Yamaha was the only receiver brand that the store I worked at carried. Everything else was separates. Solid and very good sound, especially the Aventage line.

7. DeeCee

DeeCee Super Member

I just got another Yamaha to replace my older one. Very nice especially after warm up.

8. Putterman

Putterman Super Member

I vote for Demon's(sic). I like the Audyssey Eq system for room correction. Marantz is similar to Denon (correct spelling) but somewhat more expensive but can have useful features the Denon's at that price don't like preamp outs. I have no experience with Yamaha AV receivers, but have had better luck with Denon and Marantz than Onkyo and Sony.

9. Boonaroo

Boonaroo AK Subscriber Subscriber

Stay away from Sony. They have plenty of bells and whistles but the current models lack the true power to drive a set of speakers, much less a 7.0 system. LFE is more dependent, IMHO, on the quality of the sub-woofer system you decide on.

I did quite a bit of shopping and decided on an Onkyo TX NR818 system plus their matching BluRay player. It looks awesome and has plenty of power for my needs.

Get the best you can afford. You need to be satisfied,

10. KevinJS

KevinJS Addicted Member

11. Silentnet

Silentnet I like to keep my issues drawn... Subscriber

Was happy with my Sony STR-ZA1000ES for what it was (since moved to separates) but it's just a bit too old to include Atmos and all that. That said, the ES series seem to be safe bets.