Sony PS-X50: What would you pay?

EngineerNate

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Found one of these locally with a Grado ZF3. Unknown stylus wear. Looks to be in good condition but missing the dust cover hinges. Owner says it operates perfectly. It does have the original sony headshell.

I'm a fan of vintage Sony gear and the PUA-7 tonearm is supposed to be something special.

Considering selling off some of my existing gear to grab it and I'm wondering what my max offer should be or if there's some reason I'm missing to avoid this table.

Cheers,
Nathan

Found one of these locally with a Grado ZF3. Unknown stylus wear. Looks to be in good condition but missing the dust cover hinges. Owner says it operates perfectly. It does have the original sony headshell.

I'm a fan of vintage Sony gear and the PUA-7 tonearm is supposed to be something special.

Considering selling off some of my existing gear to grab it and I'm wondering what my max offer should be or if there's some reason I'm missing to avoid this table.

Cheers,
Nathan
I missed out on one by only seconds at an estate sale. It sold for $60 and included a Grado cartridge and was in very good condition. I wanted it as a backup to my PS-X60.

That seems quite low considering the caliber of table, I don't think that's a representative price. Sucks you missed it though!

Looks like they sell on eBay in the ~$200 range. If it's in good working order I'd say anywhere in that range is good

That seems quite low considering the caliber of table, I don't think that's a representative price. Sucks you missed it though!
You're absolutely right, it's nowhere near a representative price for that table. That's why missing out on it by only seconds burned me like it did. I just had to smile and congratulate the SOB that did get it. :biggrin: I happily paid $300 for my PS-X60 and then shelled out $550 for a new cartridge. It didn't need a new cartridge until I damaged the stylus cantilever beyond repair and then upgraded to a MC cartridge.

Back
Top Bottom