Sony PS X6 vs newer TT

Every new turntable with a USB port would be a thousand mile step backwards from your Sony PS-X6. Do an AK search or a member will chime in with info on far superior quality equipment that would be a lot less cheaper than any new USB turntable that will get far better results using your present PS-X6.

Please do not buy any of these $400 sexy looking things. Go to vinylengine the specs on your Sony has at least 3 times better specs. It may need a little love, but the people here will guide you along the way. You do have to get educated, on proper care and setup.. You are better off with a powered phono stage. I run my tape record output into my computer, with a good sound card, with Audacity software.

Just consider any table with USB as a jack if all trades and master of none, basically a horrible compromise with built in phono preamp, USB and any quality control thrown to the wind, expect warped platters, sloppy tonearm bearings, non functional anti skate all designed and mfg using the cheapest materials available by unskilled labor. Forget $400 these things aren't worth $40.

Back
Top Bottom