sony ps-x60 turntable,recomend me a cartridge please

jamie123

as above,what would work well with my sony ps-x60 tt,the arm is a pua-7 and has a mass of 20g
im thinking along the lines of denon dl-110,103,301 etc but open to other makes which would work well with the arm.
id ideally like to be around the 2m black area of sonics but near enough is fine.
the cartridge resonance thing goes over my head so im hoping you guys can help?

IMG_1231_1.jpg

Last edited:
I was running a AT33ev on mine and it sounded great. The vintage shure carts are nice too. The denon 103 range will be too light for this arm, but their higher level carts will work fine. I currently have a shure m97xe on it and it is a great match. Good luck!

thanks for your reply,i must admit i was hoping for more answers given the size of this forum and how quickly a thread disappears down the list.

If your arms effective mass is really 20 grams then the DL 103 is a real good match, better than the 301 mk II from a compliance standpoint.

The 103 has down the road upgrade options for aftermarket tip upgrades and body upgrades. Being moving coil means you need an SUT or a phonostage with 55 to 60 dB of gain.

The 2m Black costs a lot more. It's sounds great but with a dynamic compliance of 22 it does not appear to be a match.

Last edited:
cheers,the 2m black is staying on the pioneer plc-1700 hence this thread,ive owned a dl-110 and 160 before and liked them,ive not tried the dl-103 so thats top of the list so far,any other brands fellas?

I get to hear the Nagaoki MP-500 at my friends house. It would match your arm and it is lovely. Fabulous rich mids and moving magnet (or iron) so no SUT needed.

It will hang with the Black, maybe even please you more.

Any updates to this thread?

I too have a Sony PS-X60 and would like to read about experiences. Running my TT through a Sony STR-7055 and some Cerwin-Vega D3's (I love them).

Back
Top Bottom