Sony Ps-x75 Important notice re Main MicroProcessor MB8841-209L

It's been on the back burner with my tech friend all this time. It could be done but its just tedious, from what my friend says. I wish it were finished, that way others could benefit from ardueno technology in place of the IC chip. Im sure there are others out there with the same dead chip problem, longing for the day it would spin again..

I read that the MB8841 8313 simply means that "83" is the production year and "13" is the production week. Can anyone confirm this? If so, then there may be MB8841 IC's available on line, just not the "327" or "209" variety. Apparently they're used in a variety of applications in assorted gear of similar vintage. That would save a lot of PS-X75's and similar models from becoming parts units.

I read that the MB8841 8313 simply means that "83" is the production year and "13" is the production week. Can anyone confirm this? If so, then there may be MB8841 IC's available on line, just not the "327" or "209" variety. Apparently they're used in a variety of applications in assorted gear of similar vintage. That would save a lot of PS-X75's and similar models from becoming parts units.
Has anyone been able to confirm this? If so, would any MB8841 in the proper 42-pin package would work?

I'd like to know too!

also, could the original Sony Chip simply have been numbered in a way that would signify it was for the Sony turntables? like how tubes were sold back in the days between tube manufacturers? IE, like alot of GE tubes with an RCA label on them...

It's been on the back burner with my tech friend all this time. It could be done but its just tedious, from what my friend says. I wish it were finished, that way others could benefit from ardueno technology in place of the IC chip. Im sure there are others out there with the same dead chip problem, longing for the day it would spin again..

I just picked up an x75 with a dead chip. Started doing my research, and found a little bit of hope in your posts, but soon realized the plan never came to fruition.

What are the possibilities of publishing the work that was done, so someone else can pick up where your friend left off?

If he's not willing to release his work, what kind of incentive would he need to complete the project? I feel like it would be easy to find $10 people willing to shell out $100 for a fix to their x75 and x65's. Not to mention the sure possibility of future sales...

If you could speak with him to see where we can take this, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

It's so long that my friend has had that on the back burner to the point of never finishing.

My friend is a great tech, had great ideas to further implement the ardueno in place of the IC chip. But, he's fallen off the radar the last year of not completing any projects.

The original idea and programming info came from anothe AK-er. I'll look back through old messages and track him down. He might be willing to send it to someone who could have the time and desire to take it and run with it to be finished.

I'll holler back soon... my Sony 65 has been dead all this time too, I kinda forgot about it and moved on to another TT to use

Cheers, I'll keep in touch

I could get back in touch with my other friend that started the Ardueno technology in replacing the original IC for his own personal use. The X65 schematic has flow charts, so it's just a matter of translating the schematic flow chart data into Ardueno code. if anyone has experience and expertise to finish this project, I would imagine he would be willing to forward his basic implementation to the right person.

in the attemp to finish the project, my X65 already has the IC chip removed and replaced with the Ardueno. It looks very cool, but it's been sitting like that for too long and I know my tech friend won't get around to it anytime soon. So, its time for someone else to take the lead.

Send me a PM if you know someone who has the knowledge and might be interested in this and we'll go from there. It would be great to kick this back into gear and see some progress to just finish the darn thing...

I could get back in touch with my other friend that started the Ardueno technology in replacing the original IC for his own personal use. The X65 schematic has flow charts, so it's just a matter of translating the schematic flow chart data into Ardueno code. if anyone has experience and expertise to finish this project, I would imagine he would be willing to forward his basic implementation to the right person.

in the attemp to finish the project, my X65 already has the IC chip removed and replaced with the Ardueno. It looks very cool, but it's been sitting like that for too long and I know my tech friend won't get around to it anytime soon. So, its time for someone else to take the lead.

Send me a PM if you know someone who has the knowledge and might be interested in this and we'll go from there. It would be great to kick this back into gear and see some progress to just finish the darn thing...

Resurrection of this project would be great. Guess I might need to start reading up on arduino code. You mentioned it was really time consuming work. Is it a lot of trial and error, or do you need a serious knowledge of Arduino technology in general?

I'm familiar with coding, but have a few family members who have made a career out of it.

Well, hope is fading for a replacement IC. I stumbled across a MB8841-1218K in hopes that the suffix was less significant. The theory was that the suffix simply indicated a manufacturer date code of some sort, but "alas"....It did nothing. So, back to the original IC again.
This PS-X75 has only failed once since I've had it, but I can't trust it. Before I got it, the symptom was "no response" ( same as from other owners comments), intermittent high speed and/or reverse. The only symptom I ever observed was 'no response'.
The quest goes on!

Hello All !

I repaired Sony PS-X65 - replacing the processor MB8841 with Mega328.
Completely re-written the software in C #.
The functionality has been restored to 100%.
You can congratulate me. :)

Hello All !

I repaired Sony PS-X65 - replacing the processor MB8841 with Mega328.
Completely re-written the software in C #.
The functionality has been restored to 100%.
You can congratulate me. :)

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

Congratulations OlegSmirnoff on your great achievement. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

Congratulations OlegSmirnoff on your great achievement. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thank you
I've been doing this since the spring, but as it turned out there was still a minor malfunction in the equipment.
And returned to programming - only in December last year - to make a gift for Christmas. :)

hi could u reprogramme my turntable ic also if ok let me know i will send the ic to u and reship back to me let me know the charges i will bear the total cost including shipping so let me know as my ps-x75 main ic is not working

hi could u reprogramme my turntable ic also if ok let me know i will send the ic to u and reship back to me let me know the charges i will bear the total cost including shipping so let me know as my ps-x75 main ic is not working

Hi mallikh67 !
OK !
I just sent a programmed chip to the post office, and I do not have any ready now.
I think that I will no longer manage the chip in this form - as in the photo.
I want the next version to do better and more reliable.
if you are ready to wait about a month - write to me on the e-mail, and I will tell you the details.

Has anyone been able to confirm this? If so, would any MB8841 in the proper 42-pin package would work?
The numbers following MB8841...............such as 327 are the encoded Sony proprietary gate sequence for the MB8841 Fujitsu Micro

Hi mallikh67 !
OK !
I just sent a programmed chip to the post office, and I do not have any ready now.
I think that I will no longer manage the chip in this form - as in the photo.
I want the next version to do better and more reliable.
if you are ready to wait about a month - write to me on the e-mail, and I will tell you the details.

Any update oleg?

See my Post Sony PS-x75 Coil/Cam for removal of Sony hardened Grease ( for dismantling to gain access to Coil/Cam) for Arm related issues, such as Arm not dropping to record, arm swinging wildly before settling down....step by step instructions

Back
Top Bottom