Sony PS-X75 problems

lawnerd

Have a PS-X75 that is my workhorse table. But lately it has been giving me a problem and I look to you to help with possible fixes. The problem is that sometimes, not all the time, but maybe half the time when I play a record using the automatic start the arm goes to the right spot but it doesn't drop all the way to the record.

But if I then go to use the manual positioning and drop buttons the arm will drop.

I found the issue annoying enough to take the table out of my system and now rely on a very old Linn LP12.

Any suggestions?

The specs say that is a pretty good table, but i think the bio tracer arm is a very complex system, and it may not be getting the right information from a sensor so it doesn't drop. A well setup Lenco should out preform the Sony sonicly.

I have been in an outside of this table (PS X75)...I have got everything to work except when auto start is depressed...the arm drifts to the right spot but will not drop...a gentle tap on the unit...(anywhere) and it will drop...no other issues...I read somewhere that this may be "old" gunk from 40 years of sitting that may be the problem...but this solution works for me ( tried to add an animated gif file (AVI) showing action but it was too big)

Back
Top Bottom