sony s9000es

rocknroll1

I purchase the sony used and am trying to hook it up through maverick D2 dac. Player sounds good thru analog but can't get it to play thru optical or digital coaxial. After searching web it appears that I have to change settings to digital out in the menu. Is this correct and can you do so without remote (didn't get one with purchase or a manual) and does it have to setup to a tv to view menu?

Update: I found an old sony dvd remote laying around (can't tell what it went to) and most functions worked except the most important one, menu. I then went and I bought a rca universal ($10) remote and programed to the S9000ES, low and behold between the 2 of them I can use all functions. I was able to get to the menu screen and turn on digital. Now I have it running thru the dac and it sound great. I will keep looking for the correct remote for it but I can live with the 2 remotes.

I don't have any sacds but have one coming in the tomorrow. I tried to go to it but couldn't but was thinking you might have to have one in first.This is the first sacd player i have had.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom