Sony SS-E50, hot or not?

WAFOE

First of all, I don't know for sure if this is the right section, so please don't blame me, I'm new here! :thmbsp:

I just found 2 Sony speakers across the road and decided to take them with me. They look very vintage and I think they're build around the 1970's. Foam's rotted, but that's not a surprise.

I'm not really into the old vintage audio stuff and couldn't find much information about these certain pair of speakers, so maybe one of you know if they're worth refoaming?

1000x1000.jpg

(picture not made by me)

This belongs in the Speaker forum, but either way, welcome and nice score. I don't know much about these but if sony cared enough to put a dome tweeter in them, they're probably pretty decent sounding. Find yourself a nice old sony amp or receiver and have a nice little system.

Agreed, they don't look flashy which is a good sign.

Refoam them and get back to us! If they are terrible you're only out 15 bucks.

This belongs in the Speaker forum, but either way, welcome and nice score. I don't know much about these but if sony cared enough to put a dome tweeter in them, they're probably pretty decent sounding. Find yourself a nice old sony amp or receiver and have a nice little system.

Oh, I'm sorry about that D:. Can an admin move this thread or something?

Sadly that my old Sony amp died 2 weeks ago I got from my granddad. :C

I think I found a problem. The picture looks different than my Sony speakers I have now. Seems like the previous owner of those speakers put different tweeters in them.
The tweeter is from Philips in mine. And the mid-tone is gone! Instead of that is another tweeter, that doesn't work. Sad. :C

Edit: Still worth refoaming?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom