Sony ST-J 55/60/75 station preset labels

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by brillcat, Jun 29, 2018.

1. brillcat

brillcat Active Member

Has anyone got a DIY fix for sourcing or making the station labels on these tuners? They are backlit and the original material is some kind of plastic film. I've searched the 'net for the original labels but no luck. At this point I would be happy with numbers (1-8) or letters (A-H), or a translucent material to dim the bright backlighting. Here's a screenshot from the owner's manual...
    Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 7.26.20 AM.png

Please register to disable this ad.

2. rcs16

rcs16 Super Member

Had the same problem with a Yamaha T-85. There is no standard sizes, every one made them different. Near impossible to find them.
    Did a work around, made some measurements, used an excel spread sheet to set font,size, etc and printed out on plain paper, black background, to test. needed to apply some clear tape on both sides of the paper to strengthen for insertion. One day I'll get some clear transparencies and improve on my method, but for now it does what I need.
    PM me if you want my excel file as a template to work from.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  3. sinewaver

sinewaver Active Member

I bought a J75 new and had the sheet, not something I'd ever throw out. The tuner is long gone (sad story, PMO to this day) and we've moved several times since but it might still be in a folder somewhere. Since I have a 555se now and it uses something like it, I'll have to go on a search. I horde literature and it might be in with that stuff.

4. brillcat

brillcat Active Member

Thanks rcs16 for the spreadsheets -- and sinewaver, if you find that label sheet, PM me, I'd love to take it off your hands!

5. 39cross

39cross AK Subscriber Subscriber

A scanned image of the station sheet saved to the archives here and to hifi engine would be a good thing to have. I'd be glad to do that as an intermediary if that works for y'all.

6. brillcat

brillcat Active Member

39cross, that's a great idea. Do you have that sheet also?

Please register to disable this ad.

7. 39cross

39cross AK Subscriber Subscriber

Nope, just trying to be helpful :)