Sony STC-7000 rare!???

vtomike

I can't find much info on this unit. It sure sounds good. I am running an Acurus A-250 and my Sansui 8080db from this preamp/tuner.

Attachments

• SONY STC-7000 001.jpg
    SONY STC-7000 001.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 176
  • SONY STC-7000 002.jpg
    SONY STC-7000 002.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 126
  • SONY STC-7000 003.jpg
    SONY STC-7000 003.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 131
Wow, it sure looks good to me. It reminds me of the 60 and 70 series receivers. So it's a tuner/preamp? Very interesting. It was probably designed to work with the Sony basic amplifiers. I think it is from that era and is probably built like a tank with excellent components. I would love to latch onto one myself!

Oh man! I just checked. You have a real killer there! See this link:
http://www.thevintageknob.org/SONY/sonyvault/STC7000/STC7000.html

Congrats!

There's a 'specs' link on the right side of that page that johnda linked here.

Very impressive. I can't believe that there's no amplifier in there.

It has the same "look" as my Sony integrated, TA-1140, from 1972. I love the performance of mine, yours has got to be killer!

That is WAY cool!

No, not rare, just not many out there :). It is from the early Sony period when they were trying to win their status in the marketplace as an upscale brand. You have a real keeper. Sony has 2 power amps at the time that will go so well with it. Also, from the time period was the TTS3000 tt that is as rare and is a very good table, well worth searching out.

I have one.....

And I really love it. It's playing in the background through a pair of EICO HF-20's and JBL 4312c's....:music:

I'd love to find the Sony TA-3200F, since I also have a TA-2000....:thmbsp:

There is a super long Sony thread with references to it as well as a couple of others. I think at one time I estimated there were 4 owned and in use by members.

I'd be interested to know if you find it sounds/works better after the restore...I assume a re-cap as well?
My 7000 (bought new) is currently in pieces for refurb/renew to be used in a guest bedroom with a pair of powered speakers (jbl305s)...nice mix of old an new tech.
I also have the original service manual for it, too, which is handy - actual paper!
It looks nice next to the (Japanese market) 2000F, too!

I had one bought from a former member here. The word “mint” is thrown around a lot but this one truly was, even had the factory box. It’s the only piece of gear that I really regret selling.

I like the quality and simple layout. I have the 7055 that looks much like yours.

Yep. Reminds me of my STR-6050 and STR 6055.

LOVE those old Sony's. Own an ST-2950SD and a TA-2650 too. I am quite surprised how loud they get for being roughly 40 wpc units.

Back
Top Bottom