Sony STR-6050

merrylander

AK Member
Well, I seem to have won this puppy for $18.50 plus shipping, but since the seller is just up the road in PA that should not be excessive. Looks downright pretty with gold face and wood case.

Won't know what I have until I get my hands on it, guess I just bid on it 'cause the price was so low.

Rob

Congrats! That's the series I vaguely remember from the earlier 70s. Sony seemed priced a bit higher than their Japanese competitors, and I recall that they carried a good reputation. Just didn't see a lot of 'em in the college hovels I frequented.
That pup is from 1974-78, if you can believe Orion. Hmmm ... no power output included, but probably in the 40 wpc range.
Hope she's pretty when you get her.

Looked real pretty in the pictures, just hope the seller isn't upset because the price did not go higher. I bid what I thought I would be willing to pay about three hours before the end and was not challenged.

Seller said it plays but controls are a bit scratchy, Caig shoulld fix that if the controls are where I can get at them, some units are real bears in that department.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom