Sony str 7045 receiver

I have the previous gen 6045 and these are really nice receivers. The 1 you bid on looks like it is right out of the box. I paid equiv of $25 for mine and it is in only slightly less perfect condition. You should be able to buy a TOTL 6065 with case for that amunt or a 7055. Value iis in the heart of the beholder. I'd max the 7045 out at about $60 including shipping for me. They come up frequently on eBay so I'd not pay a premiumunless it was a local pickup. When you get an example of either the 60xx or 70xx series you'll find out that Sony was capable of and did produce some 1st rate audio equipment that does not take a back seat to anything.

I had to do a search of the web to see what the 6045, 6065, and 7055 looked like. I dont think I have ever seen these models appear on ebay . Appreciate the good info.

RayE. said:
I have a bid on this clean looking receiver on ebay. Would this be a good buy if I can get it for under 100.00. I lost out on a almost mint str 7065 that sold for 150.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50596&item=5707586971&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
I've had the 7045 Since it eas new in 74 Agreat heavy receiver never let me down in 32 years and it looks like it came out of the box Still running it through vintage big Advents I bought at the same time Still sound sweet.

Hang in there, Ray. Those Sony's are great receivers. There is a small and fierecely loyal following of Sony fans. Yours will come home soon enough...

For my money you should hold out for the 7055/55A/65 or 6055/65. The 70xx are more likely to have a good working tuner. There have been some problems with the earlier tuners, especially in the earliest STR-6060/6120/6200. But, these earliest receivers are most desireable of the vintage Sony receivers, IMHO, due to their unsurpassed build quality. But all are excellent. :thmbsp: Just be prepared to send the earliest models off to dr*audio or Punker X or the like for some tuner work.

Last edited:
About 1 year ago I picked up an absolutely mint 7065, with a perfect wood case at an estate sale. It's a really nice receiver.

A few years ago I picked up a 7045 at a yard sale for $3. Needed some TLC to the cabinet. Sounds good. Not in general use now, maybe later... so no further comments (playing with a newly acquired 6046A at present.)
Cheers,
Roger

Wow that whole "70" series was nice! Dad bought the little 7015 and it was so clean
7065 is one of my fav recievers of all time

Clean with large Advents
Deadly with Klipschorns!

enjoy!

I just got the STR 7045. It’s cosmetically almost perfect. I’m loving it so far. Getting prepared to do my first cleaning project.

I’ve been listening to it with my Rega Dac for CD quality files and I’m impressed so far.

Do you guys have recommendations for speakers and why?

I just got the STR 7045. It’s cosmetically almost perfect. I’m loving it so far. Getting prepared to do my first cleaning project.

I’ve been listening to it with my Rega Dac for CD quality files and I’m impressed so far.

Do you guys have recommendations for speakers and why?
This thread is very old, it's best etiquette to start your own thread. You will go more replies that way as well.

Back
Top Bottom