Sony STR-7065 in the house

I've got one too. I do need to clean the tuner tho'. Other than that it's a great receiver

I'm in love with the appearance of these and am currently on the hunt! Congrats!

I am VERY envious, that is a very nice looking unit and a great find, would love to own one, these would have to be seriously undervalued at the moment wouldn't they, compared to other brands? Can only imagine they will be on the increase in the near future.
I have a little 7035.

The Sony stuff is great! I was initially hesitant, but after getting a few pieces from that era and giving them a real chance, I've been very surprised. Anytime I see it now, I don't hesitate at all to pick it up. I've currently got a TA-1055 with tuner, and recently let go of a STR-6055, both great sounding units.

I am VERY envious, that is a very nice looking unit and a great find, would love to own one, these would have to be seriously undervalued at the moment wouldn't they, compared to other brands? Can only imagine they will be on the increase in the near future.
I have a little 7035.
Dunno...I do know it was 460.00 in 1972-3 so using the inflation calc that comes out to 2600.00 or so in today's dollars. (I always do that). These are built like tanks. Sony back then was a superb brand.

That new price is not surprising. Yes they were a great brand back then and l think some of their models should attract the premiums Pioneer, Marantz and Sansui do, every bit as good in my humble opinion.

These are real nice looking and sounding receivers.When I got mine it sent a couple of other well regarded ones packing. Less than $20 was the price of admission.

That was my first "vintage" piece. Still miss it... The person that bought it was very excited about the dual mic inputs for karaoke. o_O Thanks for digging up old wounds!

I bought mine used back in 1982 and enjoyed it for some 20 + years. Other than the occasional deoxit over those years and 1 bulb change it was rock solid and sounding good. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Welcome to the vintage Sony club! I started out wanting a 7065, but ended up getting an earlier 6120 (lucky find).
I think these early Sony's are some of the best looking receivers ever. I can't wait to get mine setup to see how it sounds!

Used to have that exact model. It's sound was superb to ears but I ended up foolishly selling it. Congrats on your purchase!!

Congrats! :beerchug:
I'm a fan myself and now have two of these beauties a 7055 & 45 respectively. They do indeed sound smooth & musical.
Enjoy.

I have had several vintage Sony receivers (all of them excellent) but not a 7065. One of the best looking receivers ever made.

Back
Top Bottom