Sony STR GX10ES

caesarpug

This is my first post on this forum. I'm an audio novice and would like some opinions. I recentlly found a Sony STR GX10Es along with a matching 10 disc CD player at a thirft store. Both appear to work and are mint condition.

One question I have is: The video imput function on the receiver is lit no matter which function is on. ie if the CD funtion is selection the video function is also lit. The unit seems to work fine. I also saw photos of this receiver on the internet with both buttons lit so I assume it's normal ? If anyone could comment on this that would be great.

Also looking through the top vents it appears the receiver is very dusty on the inside. Should this be cleaned ? or should I just leave it alone ? If yes what is the best way to clean the inside of this unit.

Thanks in advance for your help. This appears to be the find of a lifetime. It sounds great and is in great condition.

Most Sony Receivers pass whatever video source last selected the video outputs when on a non-video input. I've never figured out how to defeat that feature (not that I wanted to) and I have had a Sony STR-AV1070 and have a STR-GA7ES.

Welcome to AK! That is quite the find. In fact the STR-GX10ES is one of the most sought after Sony ES receivers, they are even rarer in mint shape and the rosewood side panels still attached and not all dinged up.

Thanks

I really didn't know what I had until I got it home. The side panels and face are perfect. Ialso got both remotes. One of which is huge, I'm still trying to figure it out. According to another member my video function light being on regardless of funtion being used is normal.

Thanks much for the info

Blast out the dust with compressed air. Outdoors. With a breeze.

It will allow the unit to run cooler.

Back
Top Bottom