Sony TA-3200F replacement pilot lamp

adhogu2

Hello,

i hope to meet some experts here for help. Recently the pilot lamp of my Sony TA-3200F amplifier burned out. In the service manual i found the spare part number 1-518-052-21 and descritption "pilot lamp, 2.5V". The colour is green but i think it uses just a green shade and the lamp itself has neutral colour. According my research it should have been originally manufactured by Stanley. Has anybody ever had the same Problem? Where can i get a matching replacement lamp, i guess Stanley does not produce it anymore...? I already searched the internet and ebay but found nothing.
Maybe somebody can sell to me....

My Sony 3130F uses a 2V 250mA bulb. I think you could use the same thing, or a 2.5V 200mA bulb. You'll need to see what the socket type is.

OK.Thanks for your information. The 3130F as well as the TA-1130 have the same lamps. Can you remember the size (length) of the socket? I guess it is threaded? I have not disassembled the device yet to check.

pulling this old thread up.

trying to replace the burned out bulb on my ta-3200f. can't seem to find any vendor of the 2v 0.25A bulbs but i found some 2.5v 0.2a. can anyone help me out with the wattage and whether it has an e-5 or 1-10 base?

also, i deoxited the volume pots. when i first got it, they were a bit stiff to turn but after twisting the knobs quickly in the process they are now quite loose. which is normal?

thanks for the help.

Mine was burned out also. You have to use a pair of needle nose to bend the retainer tab at the rear of the socket to slide the lamp housing out. I don't remember if it was a bayonet type or spring loaded like a flashlight bulb. After you remove it you can be sure. I just used a 2v 250ma bulb from radio shack. The bulb is clear the jewel on the face plate is green. A 2.5v 200ma should work fine as well.

Is it a screw in bulb? I went through my parts bins to see what I used. It looks like I used the 2.4v 300ma bulb myself. No problems so far. I thought I used a 2v, but that was last year when I replaced it.

yes it is. the bulb itself was bigger than the sony's stock bulb and won't fit in the shield that the original one had on. i took a length of black electrical tape and wrapped it around the bulb. is this et up safe? i might have to order online if it isn't since there are no stores around me that carries flashlight bulbs anymore,

I just left the shield off. It lights up the jewel up just fine. I just figured if I run into one like the original I would replace it. I taped the old shield in a small parts baggie in the bottom of the chassis so I wouldn't loose it.

pulling this old thread up.

trying to replace the burned out bulb on my ta-3200f. can't seem to find any vendor of the 2v 0.25A bulbs but i found some 2.5v 0.2a. can anyone help me out with the wattage and whether it has an e-5 or 1-10 base?

also, i deoxited the volume pots. when i first got it, they were a bit stiff to turn but after twisting the knobs quickly in the process they are now quite loose. which is normal?

thanks for the help.
Did you ever find a bulb for your TA-3200F? I'm looking for a bulb for my 3130F which I believe uses the same bulb. I read here that I need a 2V 250ma bulb but I'm not sure what size the screw in base is. You mentioned it might be e-5 or 1-10. Do you know where I can order these on line?
Thanks

I have a TA 3200 with the original lamp.
It seems surreal in the present times, when everything is disposable, including LED lamps with short duration, that my Sony continues with the original lamp after 45 years. But when I need to, I already have the way.

I have a TA 3200 with the original lamp.
It seems surreal in the present times, when everything is disposable, including LED lamps with short duration, that my Sony continues with the original lamp after 45 years. But when I need to, I already have the way.
I have four of the Sony 3130F amplifiers and it is amazing that after all of these years all four are still working perfectly except two of them need a new power indicator bulb. They are all original, I never had to replace any parts before until now when the power indicator went out. Glad I was able to find this forum from which I was able to find out that the voltage and amperage of the original bulb was 2V 250ma. I found some lamps on sale at Amazon with a E-10 screw in base that I think will work as I measured the original lamp and it appears to be 10mm in diameter; I ordered a 10 pack for only $6.40 and I should have them in a few days and I'll report back on how they worked out as these amps don't show any signs of dying any time soon and will probably still be working when I am long gone so hopefully this will help out the next person that comes here looking for a replacement bulb. I would post a link here but I'm not sure if that is allowed. But just go to Amazon and search for:
Eiko 40492-10 - 222 Mini Indicator Lamp - 2.25 V - 0.25 Amp - TL3 Bulb - Miniature Screw Base (Pack of 10)

Last edited:
I have four of the Sony 3130F amplifiers and it is amazing that after all of these years all four are still working perfectly except two of them need a new power indicator bulb. They are all original, I never had to replace any parts before until now when the power indicator went out. Glad I was able to find this forum from which I was able to find out that the voltage and amperage of the original bulb was 2V 250ma. I found some lamps on sale at Amazon with a E-10 screw in base that I think will work as I measured the original lamp and it appears to be 10mm in diameter; I ordered a 10 pack for only $6.40 and I should have them in a few days and I'll report back on how they worked out as these amps don't show any signs of dying any time soon and will probably still be working when I am long gone so hopefully this will help out the next person that comes here looking for a replacement bulb. I would post a link here but I'm not sure if that is allowed. But just go to Amazon and search for:
Eiko 40492-10 - 222 Mini Indicator Lamp - 2.25 V - 0.25 Amp - TL3 Bulb - Miniature Screw Base (Pack of 10)
I recieved the EIKO bulbs today from Amazon and they worked perfectly. They are shorter than the original bulbs so I cut the plastic tube shield that was around the original bulb in half and put it on the new bulb and it fit OK but just grabs the bulb near the base as the bulb is tapers down away from the base. The bulb is very easy to replace you just have to bend the the metal tab at the end of the bracket whit some needle nose pliers so it is straight up then you can slip the the bulb housing off of the bracket. Unscrew the old bulb and remove the plastic shield by holding the base while pulling the shield off with some needle nose pliers. I cut she plastic shield in half as I needed to replace the bulb in a TA-3130F and a TA-3140F and I had lost one of the shields. It actually works better if you cut the shield in half as it still covers the shorter bulb completely and there is less chanced of the shorter shield coming loose later. The shield doesn't fit as securely on the new bulb as it only grabs near the base but it doesn't feel like it is going to come loose. I but a small piece of electrical tape on the top of the shield taping it to the white plastic bulb socket just to make sure it doesn't come loose later. The new bulb in my TA-3130F appears to be the same brightness as the original. However I also replaced the bulb in a TA-3140F and for some reason it looks much brighter that the original in it. So the EIKO bulb is a perfect replacement for the original bulb in a TA-3130F. If Amazon no longer sells these bulbs by the time you read this I'll give you the full information of of the box that they came in. There were 10 bulbs in the box:

LIT497 x 10
Eiko 40492-10-222 Mini Indicator Lamp
2.25V - 0.25 Amp - TL3 - minature
Screw Base (Pack of 10)

Last edited:
I recieved the EIKO bulbs today from Amazon and they worked perfectly. They are shorter than the original bulbs so I cut the plastic tube shield that was around the original bulb in half and put it on the new bulb and it fit OK but just grabs the bulb near the base as the bulb is tapers down away from the base. The bulb is very easy to replace you just have to bend the the metal tab at the end of the bracket whit some needle nose pliers so it is straight up then you can slip the the bulb housing off of the bracket. Unscrew the old bulb and remove the plastic shield by holding the base while pulling the shield off with some needle nose pliers. I cut she plastic shield in half as I needed to replace the bulb in a TA-3130F and a TA-3140F and I had lost one of the shields. It actually works better if you cut the shield in half as it still covers the shorter bulb completely and there is less chanced of the shorter shield coming loose later. The shield doesn't fit as securely on the new bulb as it only grabs near the base but it doesn't feel like it is going to come loose. I but a small piece of electrical tape on the top of the shield taping it to the white plastic bulb socket just to make sure it doesn't come loose later. The new bulb in my TA-3130F appears to be the same brightness as the original. However I also replaced the bulb in a TA-3140F and for some reason it looks much brighter that the original in it. So the EIKO bulb is a perfect replacement for the original bulb in a TA-3130F. If Amazon no longer sells these bulbs by the time you read this I'll give you the full information of of the box that they came in. There were 10 bulbs in the box:

LIT497 x 10
Eiko 40492-10-222 Mini Indicator Lamp
2.25V - 0.25 Amp - TL3 - minature
Screw Base (Pack of 10)

I looked in the TA-3130F service manual and the original bulb is listed as a 2.5V 250 ma bulb so I'm not sure how long the Eico will last as it is rated at 2.25V. If you can find a 2.5V 250 ma bulb it would be better. Also I found out why the Eico 2.25V bulb looked dimmer in my TA-3130F was because the jumper inside was set to 220V instead of 117V after now changing it to 117V the bulb also looks brighter in the TA-3130F than the original also. I found a better bulb for sale on Amazon that I think will work better as it is a 2.5V 300 ma and also is the same round shape as the original bulb. Doesn't say who makes it but it is only $5.99 for a pack of 10 so I'm going to give it a try as the Eico 2.25V look about twice as bright as the original and I'm not sure how long they will last being a 2.25V bulb being driven with 2.5V. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Miniatu...44886&sr=8-7&keywords=miniature+bulb+e10+base

Last edited:
I got the 2.5V 300ma bulbs from Amazon today and they seemed to work fine except the bulb is larger than the original so you can't use the original plastic tube to shield the bulb anymore. What I ended up doing was taking some masking tape and wrapping it around the base of the bulb and then I cut out a small circle of masking tape and but on the very top of the bulb that points at the green lens on the face plate. I then painted the bulb with some black paint removed the masking tape and screwed it back in the socket. After reinserting the lamp bracket, I turned the power on and everything now looks good; the power indicator now seems to be glowing at the correct brightness.

Back
Top Bottom