Sony TA-F6B

I am looking for a Classic Sony Integrated and have been offered an F6B. Was this TOTL at the time? How does it compare,soundwise, with the F7B? Other recommendations welcome please.

i have both the ta-f6 b and his big brother ta-f7b
the taf6b uses a switching power supply and has 4 outputtransistors per channel
the ta-f7b uses 3 transformers ,6 v-fet per side and was three times the price of a ta-f6b
read all on www.thevintageknob.org

Last edited:
According to Orion, 1978-83, 100 wpc. That output, probably was TOTL. No TA-F7 listed in ORion.

The power amplifier section of the TA-F7(B) is almost (and sounds almost like) a TA-N7B, which is to date the best amplifier I heard from SONY. The preamplifier section is also very good, but doesn´t equal the power amp.

The TA-F6B sounds very similar to the combination of TA-E86B and TA-N86B:
Very unique sound with shiny hights and mids, but wider soundstage.

Very nice, but if you look for a really good integrated amplifier from SONY (at an acceptable price), look for a TA-F70 or a TA-F80 (1978). These don´t look so nice, but my TA-F80 blasted away everything from SONY except the combination of TA-N7B and TA-E88B.

Please take a look on my review on TVK:

http://www.thevintageknob.org/SONY/sonyvault/TAF80/TAF80-ME.html

Don't know if you will consider the '90s as 'Classic Sony', but the best integrated I've heard from them is the 100wpc, MOSFET output, TA-F808ES. You can do a search of AK for this model and see what a few of us have said about it. It is also in TVK, so you can read about it spec's and see a few pics there. A wonderful unit with remote capability. There is an overpriced one ($800) on Audiogon at the moment.

Sony TAF6B Service Manual

Don't know if you will consider the '90s as 'Classic Sony', but the best integrated I've heard from them is the 100wpc, MOSFET output, TA-F808ES. You can do a search of AK for this model and see what a few of us have said about it. It is also in TVK, so you can read about it spec's and see a few pics there. A wonderful unit with remote capability. There is an overpriced one ($800) on Audiogon at the moment.

Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone still has Sony TAF6B Amplifier Service manual, I came across this good amp which need to be restored. It has faulty Pulse Mode (SMPS) power supply and I need to fix it before checking on further issues! What I got form web is manual without details on circuit board.

Thanks,

Sachin

Pioneer SA9800, SA9500II, CS903, CTF650, CTF555
Yamaha CA2010,
Sansui AU717, TT 212, SP750
Technics SU8088, SL1600MkII
Revox B77, Ferrograph Logic7, Dual 504

Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone still has Sony TAF6B Amplifier Service manual, I came across this good amp which need to be restored. It has faulty Pulse Mode (SMPS) power supply and I need to fix it before checking on further issues! What I got form web is manual without details on circuit board.

Thanks,

Sachin

Pioneer SA9800, SA9500II, CS903, CTF650, CTF555
Yamaha CA2010,
Sansui AU717, TT 212, SP750
Technics SU8088, SL1600MkII
Revox B77, Ferrograph Logic7, Dual 504

Hi,

Thanks,

Sachin

Hi there, http://www.schaltungsdienst.de/anleitungen/katalog.html has the service manual in great quality, I ordered it there too, it cost about 14 Euro, dunno if they ship to India, give it a try, it is printed by the way.
You can use babelfish to translate the page.
Gr Tim.

Back
Top Bottom