Sony tan55 es volume control

neilc39

Hi can anyone recommend a replacement volume control for this amp? I've tried cleaning it several times but it only plays from the left channel, used to be able to coax it into working by working the volume control backwards and forwards, it also feels a bit grainy instead of nice and smooth, thanks

Hi can anyone recommend a replacement volume control for this amp? I've tried cleaning it several times but it only plays from the left channel, used to be able to coax it into working by working the volume control backwards and forwards, it also feels a bit grainy instead of nice and smooth, thanks
There is a big chance that it is not the volume control, but rather the contacts from the speaker relay(s). If you have been running on speaker system A, try speaker system B for awhile and see if the problem doesn't go away.

I have the same amp and I have had to address the relays (which is a common problem with many amplifiers).

Try tapping the case and see if the sound comes & goes... these amps suffer from cracked solder joints, check the RCA jacks and where the preamp IC's solder to the board, also at the output transistors.

John

Back
Top Bottom