Sony TC-K700ES transport issue?

I've put it away . . . maybe permanently—too many other demands on my time. Maybe I'll have a few minutes in the early morning hours, but not sure what I can do with it even if I determine if it's the head or the electronics.

It occurred to me that possibly the playback head got moved in the course of all the work on the transport, but then it seems there would be at least be some signal coming from the missing channel—which I don't think there is. I couldn't hear anything at all from the right channel.

If I had unlimited time and some test equipment, I suppose I could trouble-shoot the electronics, if that's the problem. But I don't have the time or the test equipment. So, as discouraging as it is after talking so much of your time and mine, this unit may have to be sold for parts.

Again, many thanks for your time, patience, and knowledge.

Greetings:

Even though I decided to sell my TC-K700ES for parts—it's currently listed on craigslist.org in L.A.—I thought it might be useful to type up my notes from disassembling, servicing, and reassembling the deck.

I'm not sure where to post the finished notes, with pix, on audiokarma.org. I'm also not clear what format, if any, should be used. Currently, all the notes and pix are in a single MS Word file—which, I suppose, I could convert to a pdf and attach to one of these replies.

Of course, your corrections and suggested additions would be very helpful and much appreciated.

This turned out to be something of a headache, because there's a limit on the number of graphics allowed in any post.

It seemed to be going okay—I had uploaded the first section, TC-K700ED Servicing Routine (1), without any problem. But when I uploaded the second section, TC-K700ED Servicing Routine (2), it put lines through all the text.

I don't see any way to remove the lines, and trying to repeat the second section and do two more seems impractical (since I have no idea what caused the lines to appear).

Looks like I have to leave this unfinished, which is getting to be a habit here. Maybe there will be another way to post it online.

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-27_15-45-26.png
    upload_2018-4-27_15-45-26.png
    272.5 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom