1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Sony vs Samsung blueray players

Discussion in 'Home Theater & Video' started by 91firebird, Sep 7, 2018.

1. 91firebird

91firebird Active Member

Well have been running a Sony s3700 a Samsung h5100 a Samsung d5100.the d5100 is the oldest but
    Great picture and sound.the Samsung h5100 has a nice picture the Sony s3700 has a soft picture not
    As bright as the samsungs.the older d5100 seems to do the best picture and sound out of the 3 so I guess
    The d5100 stands as my main blueray player and the s3700 and Samsung h5100 go to the bedroom and
    Game room DVD players.never liked Sony tv or blueray players but it was a gift.they just don't seem to have
    A bright detailed picture.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

I have owned and sold Sony Professional and commercial products for years. I liked their Ess line, and Trinitron monitors in particular. Their professional Video Cameras and recorders were by far the best for the money. Sony has been up and down lately in all facets from the movie studio to consumer products. But with careful consideration and thorough research I am sure you will find the model that will make you happy for a long time. Sam sung just bought JBL and that scares me. We will just have to wait and see what happens. The consumer industry is in a state of flux right now. The technology is getting more costly and when you buy a product at average prices a lot of the pieces are compromised. So as always, buyer, beware!! If you can find a recent Oppo player, you will be better off, if you wish to gamble.

3. 91firebird

91firebird Active Member

Samsung bought jbl,wow,we'll big electronic companies are buying each other left and right.just like denon and
    Marantz are owned by one company.i would think Samsung and Sony are the two biggest.will we see jbl speakers
    In Samsung tvs.

4. slow_jazz

slow_jazz AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sony makes some good stuff and some cheap stuff.

My sony blu-ray player is still ticking after 5 years.

5. Putterman

Putterman Super Member

I echo Slow-Jazz in that I have 3 different Sony Blu Rays without any problems. The biggest distinction I can find between Sony and Samsung Blu rays is that the Sony's still support SACD in the upper levels and actually came out with a model that support DVD Audio also. If that's not important then get whichever brand float your boat in terms of features, reliability, etc.

6. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

Sony's best units have always been the preferred choice. You get what you pay for. If you want to gamble buy an Oppo unit before they are all gone.

Please register to disable this ad.