Sooner or later

How do I do that.

What do I say and is it against the rules?Definetly my pics,look at the blue capacitor showing in one.

It's happened to me before, and eBay really frowns on it. You have two options. First option (I call the nice guy option), shoot him an e-mail first and link your old auction to the e-mail. Tell him to re-do his auction using his own pictures and description or you will report his plagarism to eBay. If it's not down and re-done within 24 hours, report him and eBay will destroy his auction AND keep his advertising money. Second option, if you want, you can report him without a warning and eBay will shut him down right away. Your choice. I've done it both ways and usually the perp will cooperate with my e-mail.

Retro

what an ass. Not only does he steal the pics, but he asks the buyer to look over them and decide, as if that is pics of the actual item. Report him to Ebay's safe harbor.I think we all should email him to say we know what he did.

VintageNut said:
By the way, what brand of main caps did you use?

When I had seen his 5590 I was going to ask him to. Looks like the Adcom's but a bit short could be chemi-con.

Ron

Cornell dubler (cde) caps

35000 uf ,Same supplier as the ones you get Vintagenut ,Capacitor12 on ebay .

Well, the ones I get from Ebay are labeled Adcom, are you saying that Cornell makes em for Adcom?, that might make sense, someone has to make them for Adcom

I do not know that.

They are made the same and the same color ,name on label is the the only difference and maybe 1/4 in shorter.

wait, I just realized you said 35000UF, not 22000uF. Wow, that's a jump up from the factory. I know the soft start circuit will prevent any in rush problems, Did you go with 35000uF because they were cheaper, or did you expect a performance upgrade?

Both

I know echowars said there probably would not be any noticable performance upgrade.Some one had used the 35000 uf ones in a previous thread on ak.Do not remember who,It was some time ago.I did not want to wait for 60-90 days from Newark,and these were slightly cheaper than yours .They are computer grade and CDE is a reputable manufacturer.I did not do a side by side comparison with my other SX-5590 with the $140 of Newark bought capacitors.I do know the new caps make a noticable difference in the bottom end compared to the old originals.I do not replace the big caps unless they have vented.It is a crisper bottom end and it is sure to help in other areas as well.

That's smart Roger. I thought I was getting a bargain at 80.00 delievered for 4, and these 35000uF are even cheaper. The only advantage of the Adcom caps is they are 100 volt. Not really a big deal, since the factory caps are 80 volt too.

Reported Him

I emailed him and got no responce,so I reported to ebay.We will see if it comes down.

rstsgsas said:
I emailed him and got no responce,so I reported to ebay.We will see if it comes down.

It's down, another one bites the dust! This is one thing that eBay does not tolerate at all.

Retro

Back
Top Bottom