Sorry... I put the cart before the horse.

drjohnnyfeva

From Baltimore here.

Started lurking a few months ago, off and on.

Wanted to buy a tube receiver after enjoying my little Electra Nordemende for years thru junior high and far beyond to begin a brand new build of a home stereo system. Little did I know the commitment to tubes... to both the pocketbook and research and parts.

I decided on a tube legend's early entry into the non-tube era in a Fisher 170. Love it. Sounds reminiscent of the Electra. Couldn't be happier with it and it's pairing with the Polks from my uncle's surround system from the mid 2000's

My uncle was an audiophile. I knew nothing of the brands he talked about. I knew Pioneer and Technics and Kenwood and... you name the box brands. Yet it was thru him and his regular, "Hey, come listen to this!" that I developed my appreciation for sounds and finding my own tones and ranges. I'm eternally grateful for that.

So for now, my modest Fisher 170 and bookshelf Polks, that I'm still trying to identify definitively, are my nirvana each day in the room I'm building as the home control center for a wife and three kids that love music.

Anyway, thank you to all of the dedicated posters. The humor and information you share is remarkable.

Cheers.
drjohnnyfeva

Fisher.made a lot of great gear back in the day. When they started farming out to overseas manufacturers later on, they lost a bit of mojo, but some of that was still quite viable. If it works, run it until it doesn't, then fix it!
And, welcome to the group!:bigok:

Welcome and thanks for your interesting intro. Check out events and happenings, there is a get-together coming up in MD. I refer to it as the social event of the year for the anti-social. Lots of nice folks, food, brews and audio.

Hi drjohnnyfeva and welcome to AK! Very nice introduction and beautiful audio you own.:thumbsup: Enjoy your audio journey!

Thanks for the warm welcome. The place is great and I'd love to know more about the get-togethers in MD, so I'll take a gander over that way. Thanks again. I'll post some pics of the room I'm finishing in the coming weeks. In the midst of routing wires and finding homes for computer pieces so the room, my control center :), can distribute sound, tv, and movies throughout our new house.

Sorry... I put the cart before the horse

I thought you were going to say you bought a cartridge before a turntable.
The joke is on me, it's been a long day and I'm leaving work. But it made me laugh.
Welcome To AK

Michael

Welcome. The Force is strong in this one.

Tube receivers. HK, Fisher, HH Scott, not name the most common and affordable.

Back
Top Bottom