1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Sound difference between and AS-200 and AS-300 speakers?

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by bluesky, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Delmarva

Delmarva Lunatic Member

That's such a shame about the voice coil. Was there any possibility of rebuilding it? Doesn't look like a job that I could handle, but I know it can be done.
    There is a guy on eBay auctioning a single set of drivers and crossover from an AS-200, in perfect working order for around $80.00 shipped. I'm considering purchasing it as an insurance policy.

Did you or @bryana ever replace your crossover caps? (this is the SA-200's crossover)
    [​IMG]

bluesky likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. bluesky

bluesky Addicted Member

I did the same, sold the drivers super cheap & kept the crossovers too.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  3. smurfer77

smurfer77 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I would love to get my hands on a pair of AS-300. I owned the AS-200 and loved them but ultimately sold them because of the lack of detail/treble. I'm the type of guy who likes really laid back sound and typically even roll-off treble a bit but with the AS-200 it was too much. That said, the AS-200 really 'disappear'... and I'm a fan of acoustically sealed designs in general (my favourite speakers are Allison (Roy Allison, formerly of Acoustic Research). A great speaker that I do regret selling. That said, I think the SP-2000 is superior in many, but not all, ways.

Would love to hear the AS-300 though, especially if they have better bass and are less laid back than the AS-200