Sound...softer than louder

appears to be my original condition, 1989 vintage Nakamichi TA-2A...after listening to the radio on this Nak the sound is fluctuating losing volume then getting louder...

I'm listening to the same radio station on a Tube set up I have in the same room and am not getting the sound level changes I was hearing and at first thought was my CD player (since that is what I was listening to when I had heard this sound fluctuation before)...

I'll give it a try but it's done this on the Tuner and the CD connections and it hasn't been long since it received a DeOxit...thanks

Bill

The speaker relay is a common culprit on these. Freddymac argues it is usually the solders on the relay rather than the internal contacts on them, and I tend to think he is right. It's a very easy fix if that is the issue.

despite a somewhat recent DeOXIT some of these controls not used much (tone, etc) are scratchy...I hooked this set up in another room and at least for now it is not exhibiting the sound issue...

Thanks,

Bill

Dirty contacts probably. Try using the tape in or video in and see if that makes a difference.
2 weeks so far and performing just fine...all I did was disconnect and reconnect (in a different room)...perhaps the connections was all it was...

Bill

well, I couldn't leave well enough alone...wanted to hear if the my RB-5s sounded better than my Klipsch Quartets with tubes and swapped out the speakers...the Quartets sound better with Tubes and back the RB-5s went to the Nakamichi in the other room...didn't make a day before the loud and then soft volume changes took place...checked the connections and even tried a CD to make sure it wasn't the Tuner only...nope...it's the Nakamcihi... :(

Bill

Back
Top Bottom