Soundstream DAC-1 doesnt sound oundstrea

vtth

Hi folks, recently I acquired a DAC-1. I couldn't figure out to send the signal from a 3.5mm to Coax input. But the problem is when I connected an optical output from my TV to DAC-1, and 2 rca output from DAC-1 to my amplifier (tried it on monoprice hybride and marantz 1060), both produced high white noise with some crackling and no music, and I set the volume to very low. Do you think my source is incorrect or there is something wrong with this DAC unit? I tested both of amplifiers, both are working fine. Thanks.

if the TV is putting out a digital multichannel signal a 2 channel DAC generally won't be able to work with it.

Try again with a known stereo signal?

Ah, got it. I changed the setting on my TV and set it to PCM through optical output. Now it works!. Thanks a lot Olderroust. It is my first time using a stand out DAC unit. Will test it out to see if the sound quality improve with a DAC before the amplifier and preamp. By the way, is there any way to send audio signal from 3.5 mm port to a single Coax?

IME the 3.5mm headphone jack from a TV is a two channel analog signal. Coax requires a digital signal.

Some PC's have a dual 3.5mm jack that accepts a 3.5mm audio plug or a mini Toslink connector.

Can I assume that the 3.5 mm port on my phone cannot output audio into the Coax port on the DAC-1? I tried s 3.5 mm to 2 RCA, then a 2 RCA into 1 Coax converter, but still no sound.

Can I assume that the 3.5 mm port on my phone cannot output audio into the Coax port on the DAC-1? I tried s 3.5 mm to 2 RCA, then a 2 RCA into 1 Coax converter, but still no sound.

Good assumption. The 3.5mm port on your phone outputs an analog signal for headphones. Some phones will output a digital signal through the USB port. check your phones manual.

Can I assume that the 3.5 mm port on my phone cannot output audio into the Coax port on the DAC-1?

The DAC-1 appears to have three digital inputs; two RCA coax electrical, and one TOSlink optical. These will all be SPDIF.

Your 3.5mm to RCA lead will be analogue audio, so cannot provide the digital SPDIF stream to drive the DAC-1.

Your phone might include a miniTOSlink optical output via the 3.5mm port. If so, you could connect this to the TOSlink input of the DAC-1, using a miniTOSlink to TOSlink cable. You need to check what your phone can do.

Not too sure. I searched the web on Samsung Note 9, but chouldn't find anything related to audio (ie optical output/ support for aptX). All they provided was 3.5 mm jack :( I didn't know that some 3.5 mm jack also include optical output. Not sure if I want to order a 3.5 mm jack to mini TOSlink cable to try it out. So far, I''m using my TV to access my all server files to play music.

It's easy to tell of a 3.5mm jack is also optical. Just look into the hole. If you see Red it's analog and optical.

Back
Top Bottom