Source - A - B Switch Substitute

M Chavez

I have a pretty beat KA-8100 on the bench
The 'Source/A-B' toggle switch received a hard whack sometime during it's life
I have removed, disassembled, cleaned, polished and retensioned the contacts but still no love, it makes intermittent contact from time to time which is a pain to fiddle with
The tiny brass slider contacts are very fragile and I was super careful but still not reliable
I may try again but it a fairly time consuming little project - it's weird how this switch can get so funked up considering how it is constructed even with the fragile contacts
I'd like to avoid just jumpering it and eliminating the tape loop abilities but this could be a last resort
So far I have been unable to find the exact switch on the auction site
Does anyone know what other model Kenwoods use that same switch so I can broaden my search?
The part numbers seem to change from model to model even when I know some parts are exactly the same, just different applications/models
I am hoping for a drop in fix
If anyone knows what other models used the same switch please share
Thanks

KA-9100 uses the same switch according to the service manuals S33-2025-05

if you can get pics of the switch contact layout etc i will probably have one , i have parts from a 9100
I can't photograph it right now as it is in the amp and all together but I did take notes
It is stamped '2025-0' as mentioned in the post by gort69 and has 10 pins and two locator tabs
The finger knob is the push on type

Back
Top Bottom