Southern Florida AK Meet Up ?

I'm there for sure! I'm gonna build a fresh set of je labs open baffles for the event, so if anyone has some old full range drivers bring em....we can mount them and run them off some tubes. It will blow your mind....

i should have a few tube amps to sample by then too.....

Very good, I sent out a bunch of messages to Florida members today, so we should have a great turn out.

Thanks for the invite Steve. I'm right at 4 hours way, but am going to try my best to be there. I've got an audio bud or two around here too that might be interested, so I'll see if I can entice anyone else to tag along. Should be a ton of fun, and great to finally meet some more AKer's face to face.

Thanks for organizing this.

I'm liking the interest guys, so far everything is a go. I have a feeling we will all regret having to leave. How many times do you get to have so many mutual interest people together in one place. Only a few things to nail down, one is the food, the other is the time of day to get started. I am fine with an early start if some people want to arrive early, we should be all set and ready to go the night before here.

We have options to have a local Italian restaurant cater something, a grill to cook anything we please, and a few other options. A cover charge will most likely be needed, but I would like anyone that has done this before to chime in and help with information on past gatherings.

Feel free to post here or PM me directly, lets keep up the interest, and get the word out even more. :thumbsup:

We are right around 18 people attending so far, and a few saying they have friends interested in coming with them. So we have 2 months to try and get that number to 25 or better, I think we can do it! :rockon::bowdown:

Thought I'd bump this thread to keep this fresh and on everyone's mind, looks like I will have a beastly Phase Linear - 700 WOPL modded amp to show off, ear plugs might be in order. ;)

Last edited:
Also, those attending please bring your favorite tracks of music if you'd like to demo them.

If someone wants to start a swap meet thread for the event over in Barter Town, that might be a good idea.

Looking doubtful that im going to make it:no: Got a new promotion at work and that equals more hours.

Im mulling over selling my gameroom system which gets no use anymore...I may list it in BT. I really wanted to hear your WOPL!!!

Looking doubtful that im going to make it:no: Got a new promotion at work and that equals more hours.

Im mulling over selling my gameroom system which gets no use anymore...I may list it in BT. I really wanted to hear your WOPL!!!

Ahhhhh, it's a Saturday man, you gotta do what you can to attend. All work and no play makes you old and grey. ;)

Steve -What are your feelings about people bringing gear down for a kinda of a swap meet also? If OK -I have a few items I want to sell and maybe I'll buy more.

Back
Top Bottom