Southern Florida AK Meet Up ?

Steve -What are your feelings about people bringing gear down for a kinda of a swap meet also? If OK -I have a few items I want to sell and maybe I'll buy more.

We are making it an event / swap meet, so no problem.

Good -------I might make you an offer on that new power amp you got.......LOL!! Just kidding my friend-but I sure want to hear it. I'll bring some CD's to play on it and hear the difference from my pitiful 1280 and Cerwin's---Again LOL!

I may be able to attend. I'm retiring on 1/29, and flying to FLA with my wife on the 7th to stay with her mom in Lake Placid, which looks to be about 2 hours away. My wife is heading back north on the 15th to go back to work. I've been invited to stay in Lake Placid until my brother and sister in law drive back to PA at the end of March. If I can borrow a car, I would definitely be interested.

I may be able to attend. I'm retiring on 1/29, and flying to FLA with my wife on the 7th to stay with her mom in Lake Placid, which looks to be about 2 hours away. My wife is heading back north on the 15th to go back to work. I've been invited to stay in Lake Placid until my brother and sister in law drive back to PA at the end of March. If I can borrow a car, I would definitely be interested.

That would be very cool, nice if things work out that way. :thumbsup:

Hiiiiiii Eeeeeeeverybody !

I've been like a gypsy the last couple years, and not really tapped into the AK 'scene' for some time. I'm in Deerfield Beach FL now, but lived in Massachussetts for many moons. I've been to a number of Frank Fests, and used to have them at my place too before the great divorce purge....

any chance of getting some Southern Florida AK'ers together for a day of audio geekery? My current place is crazy small....maybe someone with some more square footage could host?

Whatchya all think ?

I live in Lake County very near the Villages. Depending on where it is I might be interested in attending.. Alternatively, depending upon the event and its size.. I might be able to host it. My house is small, but there is a vast amount of parking space here certainly enough for 30 cars. I would need more information about it since I have never attended one, but I think it's doable if anyone is interested in considering Central Florida. Driving distance is my problem as some handicaps limit my driving time.

For those interested Im 90 minutes from all of Florida's major attractions.

Last edited:
I live in Lake County very near the Villages. Depending on where it is I might be interested in attending.. Alternatively, depending upon the event and its size.. I might be able to host it. My house is small, but there is a vast amount of parking space here certainly enough for 30 cars. I would need more information about it since I have never attended one, but I think it's doable if anyone is interested in considering Central Florida. Driving distance is my problem as some handicaps limit my driving time.

For those interested Im 90 minutes from all of Florida's major attractions.

Venue is already set for Jupiter Florida, hope you can attend.

Just don't accept any invitations from little white haired old ladies, especially Betty White.

Lake_placid_ver2.jpg

I got family out there in Placid, get ready to get BORED lol. Fun fact: Lake Placid FL was originally called Lake Stearns. But due to that dewey decimal guy, it was changed to Placid, just like his hometown in NY.

Sux im gonna miss this. A vid would be appreciated of that WOPL crankin out some tunes host:cool:

Steve is awesome. Have fun guys.

I got family out there in Placid, get ready to get BORED lol. Fun fact: Lake Placid FL was originally called Lake Stearns. But due to that dewey decimal guy, it was changed to Placid, just like his hometown in NY.

Sux im gonna miss this. A vid would be appreciated of that WOPL crankin out some tunes host:cool:

I think you need to call in sick that day, I see a bad cold coming your way. :rockon:

I won't be bored. My brother in law is taking my golf clubs down for me when they drive down and I'm told there are many golfers in the complex where my MIL lives. I'm also bringing my laptop for tunes and AK, and also my cameras. I might also be spending some time near Destin, where my other sister in law lives, and my cousin said he can get me on the golf course where he works. He's the director of security at the TPC at Sawgrass.

I think you need to call in sick that day, I see a bad cold coming your way. :rockon:

Really wish I could. This promo came up, and I got it, career comes first. How about that vid?;)

I won't be bored. My brother in law is taking my golf clubs down for me when they drive down and I'm told there are many golfers in the complex where my MIL lives. I'm also bringing my laptop for tunes and AK, and also my cameras. I might also be spending some time near Destin, where my other sister in law lives, and my cousin said he can get me on the golf course where he works. He's the director of security at the TPC at Sawgrass.

Cool you'll have something to do over there...otherwise, its a drag. Desolate, mad max land over there lol.

Really wish I could. This promo came up, and I got it, career comes first. How about that vid?;)

I honestly don't think a video will do the White Oak PL 1000 amp justice, it needs to be listened to in person to really get how great sounding it is. But I'll see what I can do.

I forgot about this thread until you mentioned your new Maggies. How late are you thinking on Saturday? I work Saturdays until 2 and with no one to replace me, kind of key employee, and I live north of you a few hours so let me know how late everyone is going to be sticking around. I would like to hear some Maggies.

I forgot about this thread until you mentioned your new Maggies. How late are you thinking on Saturday? I work Saturdays until 2 and with no one to replace me, kind of key employee, and I live north of you a few hours so let me know how late everyone is going to be sticking around. I would like to hear some Maggies.

I expect it to last a very long time Ken, shouldn't be a worry. It's a shame you couldn't leave a little early though, hate to have you miss most of the fun.

Back
Top Bottom