Sp 3200

merdy

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
over the summer in a yard sale I got a pair,it has some scuffs etc ,I brought itrom an old marine who said he brought them when he was stationed in Japan,I did not need more speakers as I don't have space but I had never seen these before and it was $100 ,and I thought I could rebuild and sell or use the parts and modify
Sadly both the midrange drivers are shot
What's the best solution for driver replacement,can I use modern midrange drivers,?
After searching on this forum some mention that they are rare and sound good,looking on the e pay site I did not find any parts as yet
Does anyone have the specs of the drivers and crossover points etc
All help appericated

The only source of original parts will be from a donor speaker. If you are a member, you can post a request in the Bartertown forum. Other than that, it's eBay. You could also try starting a thread in the speaker forum. Those guys may be able to guide you to either a replacement midrange or someone that can repair yours.

Please post the serial numbers for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

eBay USA - Sansui.

You will find all you need... someday, hopefully soon. :)

Search daily, eBay Germany too.

Happy Hunting & Good luck !!

I have a thread over on the speaker forum detailing my SP-3200 midrange repair and recap. Tinsel leads corrode at the voicecoil and requiring replacing. Delicate but simply to do. It’s like they didn’t adequately cover the leads with black adhesive when originally producing the drivers.

Back
Top Bottom