Space Rock... (for no better term)

moondog

Anyone into this type of music other than me? I love to listen to it, as well as some classical, when I'm working, as well as other times. :p:

Ozric Tentacles
Hawkwind
Kula Shaker
Radiohead

I especially like the instrumental types like Ozrics. Their recording also sound amazing to me. Would love to hear some other suggestions.

Moon

The Planets by Holst is the original space music. Just ask John Williams where his inspiration comes from.

Hey Moonie,

Me long time no post. I'll break the ice again.

I like the Ozric's. In small doses though. I have Strangeitude, Afterswish, Arborescence and Curious Corn. I would have to say that Afterswish would be my favorite. Cool band, but the electronica stuff gets old rather quickly.

Now, I understand you have some more Gov't Mule stuff to send my way. Is this true?

Are you yanking my chain there Dry! :D

YES... I still have some mules kickin' in the stable for you. Sorry I slipped on shipping them out to ya. I started a new job a while back & some things kind of slipped between the cracks I guess.

4769 Ronald Rd
Midland MI 48642
RIGHT?

I'll try & get that together next week.

How you been anyway? We've missed you around these parts.
mOOn

Man do I love live Hawkwind! I haven't heard of Ozric Tenacles or
Kula shaker. I will try to hear some of them. Have you heard
"Journey" by Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come? Any High Tide?
High Tide is/was old school acid rock, Simon House played violin with both Hawkwind and High Tide.

Originally posted by moondog
Are you yanking my chain there Dry! :D

YES... I still have some mules kickin' in the stable for you. Sorry I slipped on shipping them out to ya. I started a new job a while back & some things kind of slipped between the cracks I guess.

4769 Ronald Rd
Midland MI 48642
RIGHT?

I'll try & get that together next week.

How you been anyway? We've missed you around these parts.
mOOn

Thanks man,

Good to be back. Oh, you have my correct address.

Yeah, my wife and I went through some difficult times that I would rather not go into now. Suffice to say life is better now.

The Deep End Vol 2 was good but Vol 1 was better. I hope Warren continues with Gov't Mule. Replacing Allen is hard but life goes on. It would be a real shame to let that band go. Warren is an awesome, tireless performer. The baddest ass guitarist this side of Jimi himself. Okay, I might be exaggerating. Anyhow, I'm glad you welcomed me back Moonie.

Rock on!

Sorry to hear about your troubles Dry. Life can sure throw us some curve balls & test our inner strength at times, but I'm glad things are starting to look up for you.

As for the Mule.... I haven't heard "Deep End Vol. 2" yet, but I'm sure it's good. Warren's passion & soul cuts through most everything he touchs.

I'm looking through my Mule collection now & just realized I have about 6 discs of rare stuff a buddy of mine sent me that I haven't even listed too yet!!! Guess I know what I'll be playing today.

I'll sort through this stuff & send some of the best, as well as that last acoustic one I promised. Sorry I dropped the ball on that. I have stuff for you, Beatle Fred & Grumpy just sitting here waiting to be packaged up.

I'll try & get them out asap.
Moon

CarlV - Have you heard Hawkwind's "YULE RITUAL"? It was recorded live in London a few years ago. Fantastic sound & great performance. A must have for any true hawk fan!

mOOnie

Wow!, I will have to have a copy. Went to tower Berkeley for the
annual sale and they didn't have that one. Or the others nearby either. I need to find clips of the other groups and compile a "mission". I like to buy all the different Groundhogs live albums I can find too. All are excellent!

Carl - I thought I knew most all of the early psychedelic bands, but GROUNDHOG is new to me? Upon researching them a little, they look like something I'd enjoy for sure. What's your recommendations for them?

If you have a way of burning CD's maybe we could do some trading. One of my best friends has 50+ Hawkwind CD's. I guess I corrupted his mind when I played SPACE RITUAL for him some years back. :p:

Have you ever heard their BBC RADIO ONE IN CONCERT release? It was recorded in 1973 at the Paris Theatre & although a bit short & ragged in spots, it's pretty cool. It has that huge wash of sound like SPACE RITUAL does. I see where they also have a new studio album ready for release with Arthur Brown as guest vocalist. That should be very cool as well.

There are a few British groups that never got any exposure
here in the US. I used to hang out at a small record shop that had imports in H.S. Stuff that would most certainly never get air play. I would be happy to make you a copy if you like. The Groundhogs, a 3 man power band, are heavily blues influenced with a ton of guitar work. In a vein like Hendrix, but have their own distinct sound ala Hawkwind. If you like this sort of stuff and want to email me your mailing address I will send you a copy of their BBC
show. Pretty tasty. Hendrix's BBC cd is a must have too in my book. I would love to hear Hawkwind's BBC. Haven't seen it
either. What is it about British guitar players named Tony?
Tony Iommi, Tony Hill, Tony Mc Phee? All original, all awsome.

Carl - That would be great! Do you have "SPLIT"? I've read where that is very cool.

I have the Jimi BBC amoung 40+ others of his. I'll PM you later today & give you more info on things I have that you might be interested in. Also feel free to throw things you may not have my way. I've got quite a diverse collection of older stuff.

Thanks, Moon

Moon, Sounds like you have quite a collection. I have Split in stock cd and vinyl. An excellent sounding recording. All their live stuff will have cuts from this album also.

Back
Top Bottom