SPAM

All Right!!! I wondered when Spam was going to be featured here on AK.

Good choice!

This may sound weird but I've always liked Spam and tuna fish mixed up, Something about the ham and fish that complement each other

I also can't believe this thread went as long as it did before Monty Python came up. I was going to but @sKiZo beat me to it. I can't remember the last time I has spam, but there was a stretch when I was a kid where we had it quite a bit. I think I remember liking it. That grilled picture sure looks good!

As I recall someone telling me years ago ... SPAM is not as gross as a common Hot Dog.
Trust me ... you do not want to know what they are made of.

Knew a guy back in the 80's who worked at a place that made Hot Dogs
... he told me he will never eat one again for as long as he lives.

th
th

Last edited:
I know what they are made out of:

As I recall someone telling me years ago ... SPAM is not as gross as a common Hot Dog.
Trust me ... you do not want to know what they are made of.

Knew a guy back in the 80's who worked at a place that made Hot Dogs
... he told me he will never eat one again for as long as he lives.

th
th

i won a Spam cookoff a few years ago with my "Sweet and Sour Spam."

I cut spam in the shape of prawns and dipped in tempura batter. Then deep fried and served on a platter with sweet and sour sauce (basically vinegar, water, and sugar with some orange food coloring) and a bit of coconut sprinkled on top. Yummy.

There was a Spamarama in Austin for many years starting in the '70s - lots of events featuring Spam, including Spam carving and a Spam toss. Not sure what happened but it's been a few years since the last one.

I remember eating Spam as a kid. I may have to go get some and grill it up for the next get-together here.

I cut spam in the shape of prawns and dipped in tempura batter. Then deep fried and served on a platter with sweet and sour sauce (basically vinegar, water, and sugar with some orange food coloring) and a bit of coconut sprinkled on top. Yummy.

That sounds gooood!

-Dave

I'll drink to that!!! (sounds good)

We from Hawaii don't mess around when it comes to SPAM. My cooler bag from Foodland. Also from Hawaii, the Guinness World Record SPAM Musubi weighted 628 lb. Btw, Foodland has the best deli and also award winning poke.

spam1.jpg

Spam2.jpg

spam3.jpg

I have been buying alot of the turkey spam here lately. Taste kinda bland to me, but my dog loves the Hell out of a couple slices a day.

I have been buying alot of the turkey spam here lately. Taste kinda bland to me, but my dog loves the Hell out of a couple slices a day.
I was going to make a comment how SPAM and dog food seem to have a similar smell, but I won't cause that would be in bad taste.

...ooooops:rolleyes:

My dog loves hot dogs too.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, but seriously you do notice that some canned foods, especially the cheaper ones have a certain smell to them.
I wonder if it's some sort of MSG type "flavor enhancer".

Back
Top Bottom