speaker a/b

VQLT

any recommendations (brand name or model) for an a/b speaker selector so i can run two amps (a/v and dedicated two channel amp) to one set of main speakers? will the a/b selector degrade sound quality?

Just go down to your local electronics store and pick a speaker selector switch box. These units are passive with no resistors, caps etc in the signal path so it won't degrade the sound at all, unless it is a unit that lets you runs more than one pair of speakers at once.

I use a Niles DPS-1 A/B switcher that allows me to use one set of main speakers that shares my tubes and my audio video receiver.
http://www.onecall.com/PID_862.htm
I can't hear any sound differance be it in our out of my system. So I don't think it's hurting anything. Very handy unit allowing me to use my tubes for two channel and my AVR for 5.1 DVD.

Note: It says that it only takes up to 14 awg. Yea well, I got my number 12 under those lugs no sweat.

WW- I have the same Niles model switcher. One of those small screws are missing in mine (above #8 to be exact)- my mechanical IQ is that of a piece of soggy toast :)))., do you know what size that screw is and where I can get a replacement? Do those other screws come off if you loosen them, I recall trying to loosen the other screws w/ a screwdriver, turning & turning, didnt get looser ???

B/F

Wow B/F uhhh I don't have a clue. I put mine together some time ago and that's been that. But if I were to try to solve your problem I would merely force one of those other screws out and run it down to my local hardware store to match it up. Likely is a metric thread on it.

You would think that if one screw could come out another might eh? Good luck! :)

does anyone have experience with Russound products model AB-2 amp/speaker switch

Not with that particular model, but Russound enjoys a fairly good rep for accessory type devices. It's either them or Niles in most cases. Or Rat Shack.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

Back
Top Bottom