Speaker capacitor question

Gibsonian

I am replacing the capacitors and resistors on my HPM100 crossovers and cannot find one of the capacitors anywhere. It is a 0.15 microfarad capacitor. The only way I can see to duplicate it is use one 0.10 and five 0.01 units but I don't want to do it this way and suspect it won't even fit on the board.

I've checked Parts Express/Mouser and Digikey. Any ideas on what to do??

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks for the tips guys. The capacitor on the board is a very small radial can made by Elna, CE-BP type. I'm not sure that I can squeeze one of those big axials in the little spot on the board for the 0.15 cap. There's just not much room.

I've had no luck finding a drop in replacement - anyone have a way to cross ref. the Elna part?

here's are pictures of capacitor in question

One picture of capacitor alone and one showing it's position on xover board with little room. The capacitor is 12 mm high and 8 mm in diameter.

Now where do I find such an animal?

Whatever cap/caps you choose, how about a "Pig Tail" to go where the original one mounted. Use short lengths of INSULATED wire to go from the securely mounted "New Cap/Caps" to the tight spot.

I think that is the route I'll have to take whether I'll like it or not. I'll get the caps ordered today. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Back
Top Bottom