Speaker Connectors

joshnich

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, but a long time Mcintosh owner. I am currently using two MC-225s as mono blocks. For my bridge cables I am using spade ended pieces of spekaer wire. I have seen binding posts that actually screw into the speaker connection strip. You remove the screw and the post takes its place. You can then use large spades or bannana plugs. My question is, Does anyone know where to get these posts? I have been searching to no avail.

Let me know

Thanks

joshnich

No. I have a few pairs of those. They have spades that fit under the screws on the strip. What I am looking for actually replaces the screw. The binding post is threaded and screws into the hole that the screw would be removed from.

Joshnich

A nicely trimmed section of 16 or 18 gage wire will work fine for the jumpers. Remember the wiring inside the MC225 is about 16 gage coming off the output transformer which is wound internally with much finer wire, about 20 Gage. The wire in the output transformer is multi section and bifilar nested together so the final Gage is around 16.
A nice speaker wire for the stock screw terminals is 16-4 Canare pro sound speaker cable. I am sure there are other solutions but the Canare works well on my MC275s.
The best connector is no connector.
Ron-C

A nicely trimmed section of 16 or 18 gage wire will work fine for the jumpers. Remember the wiring inside the MC225 is about 16 gage coming off the output transformer which is wound internally with much finer wire, about 20 Gage. The wire in the output transformer is multi section and bifilar nested together so the final Gage is around 16.
A nice speaker wire for the stock screw terminals is 16-4 Canare pro sound speaker cable. I am sure there are other solutions but the Canare works well on my MC275s.
The best connector is no connector.
Ron-C

Back
Top Bottom