Speaker ID help...CL find

The pics won’t enlarge for me. For thirty bucks you can use them as speaker stands.

Quite sure it's PM.

I found one other example of an alnico motor with that unique front plate shape.

I'm 99% sure they are both products of the Rola Corporation.

55014825_934.jpg

Thanks for your replies. I'll look into the speaker, and Scott amp. Maybe I can have him throw in the tuner.

If that speaker has an electromagnet (EM), could be prewar (World War II). I'd be a little wary of the electrical safety of anything that old. Plug it in and ask for a demonstration before you leave; if it catches fire, say "No Thank You." The good news is that that Pioneer is a classic RTR; if it works, you can probably get a lot of the $500 back. Lots of data on that deck in AK.

No way that's a pre WWII cabinet. It think it's a late 50s early 60s, either for a mono system, or console extension speaker. Or, they had a pair and lost one.

Never seen that Scott amp, that's cool.

Sam, thanks for your input. Do have any opinion concerning the quality of the raw speaker. I really don't have a need for this extension speaker, but I thought the raw speaker might be old, maybe rare, and of some value, especially if he only wants $30.

...unfortunately, the CL poster has not responded to my request concerning his post.

My general impression is that there aren't highly collectible vintage Rola speakers like there are Jensens, Altecs, Western Electrics, etc. Doesn't mean it's not a nice speaker but IMO probably not a treasure.

Someone prove me wrong if appropriate. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom