Speaker ID help...Update: Solved --> Zama by Canary Audio.

PapaVerde

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
What do you all think? I have line for them today but want to know before getting there.

Attachments

• IMG_7352.PNG
    IMG_7352.PNG
    191.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_7353.PNG
    IMG_7353.PNG
    164.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7354.PNG
    IMG_7354.PNG
    199.1 KB · Views: 112
Any help appreciated...they looked Silverline-ish to me but the binding posts situation makes me think homebrew. Anyone?

I asked and they're not able to take anymore pics until right before I can go there in 3 hours. The girl is selling for her dad who cannot remember the name. The price is negotiable.

They look kinda neat. Wonder what's behind the grille? Depending on the price and how they sound as to get them or not. Royzilla like your avatar.

Can you remove the grills?

See pictures.

Cool! Looks worth a gander! I have no idea though. :(

Well, I got them. For the price they seemed worth the risk. They are Zama from Australia speakers by Canary Audio, so a bit on an audiophile get if the gamble worked. Unfortunately, the whole thing blew up in my face as the woofer and two mids have no sound on the right one and the left one has both mids out. There was no way to test them (they were moving and all the audio gear was gone) so now I have two beautifully finished 85 pound paperweights. They actually really remind me of my old JBL 250's size and shape wise. Same height, big speakers. At the moment I have no way to test the drivers -which seem quite heavy and of quality, but sadly have zero writing on them, so I couldn't even look for replacements. Also with next to zero literature on them, I'm kind of stuck.

Attachments

• IMG_7390.JPG
    IMG_7390.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7377.JPG
    IMG_7377.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7376.JPG
    IMG_7376.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7379.JPG
    IMG_7379.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7382.JPG
    IMG_7382.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7386.JPG
    IMG_7386.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7384.JPG
    IMG_7384.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7372.JPG
    IMG_7372.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Hello royzilla. Sorry to hear that. Found this page. https://www.audiogon.com/listings/zama-speaker. Has some information. Looking at the last pic, wondering if the speakers have a inline fuse under the black shrink tubing? Or possibly the caps going bad? Have a pair of Mission 737Rs. Almost no output from the tweeters. Recapped the speakers, brought back the tweeters. If you have a meter you can check the resistance of each speaker by measuring across the voice coil. Good speakers 4-16 ohms resistance. Bad speakers read open (no reading), shorted (0- zero ohms). Remember how the wiring is for each speaker Take pics and mark each wire. Took a look at the wiring on last shot of the first four pics. Any decent speaker would have banana jacks, not a wire running out of the back. Reminds me of zip cord. wonder how it's wired up?

Last edited:
Look pretty interesting, if they were in my neck o the woods I'd be checking them out, never knew Canary made speaks, their amp's are pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom