Speaker ID

Interesting. I wanted to say Heathkit but couldn't find a match with Google images. Do the smaller grilles come off?

I did get one off and there is another smaller speaker behind the grill that is the same as the one next to the woofer. Woofer looks to be 15”.

That's really odd, that's a midrange. I'm going to assume the one under the grille you didn't remove is the tweeter.

I believe they may be Aztecs. I had a pair with a similar grill and also similar binding post cut out.

I believe they may be Aztecs. I had a pair with a similar grill and also similar binding post cut out.

I've seen lots of Aztecs here in Colorado... and before I panned down to your post... I sure thought AZTEC also. Every AZTEC I've ever encountered is built with 1" thick cabinets. So if the cabinet is built of beefy, thick stock, I'd say they are AZTECs FWIW, I think AZTEC made a great Mid-Fi speaker.

I had a pair of Aztec Dulane that I donated and are now on my local CL. The Dulane look to be a later model. Sounded good, I just had too many different speakers at the time.
aztec.jpg a1.jpg
So if the cabinet is built of beefy, thick stock, I'd say they are AZTECs
The beefy cabs is what piqued my interest. The buy in right now seems a little steep. One of the presence controls has some grinding when turned.

Last edited:
I had a pair of Aztec Dulane that I donated and are now on my local CL. The Dulane look to be a later model. Sounded good, I just had too many different speakers at the time.
View attachment 1046877 View attachment 1046878

The beefy cabs is what piqued my interest. The buy in right now seems a little steep. One of the presence controls has some grinding when turned.

I have some in the garage that I am just keeping to reuse the cabs... They are solid and dead.

Reactions: Tia
I have these. The crossovers look to be the same and the driver compliment is similar with one 15" (down fire) one 4" cone mid and two cone tweeters.
but, I can't be of much help because I don't know what they are. All the drivers are CTS.P1010001.JPG P1010002 (1).JPG

Reactions: Tia
Back
Top Bottom