Speaker Identification Needed...

JosphMerrick

Hello All,

I've searched google endlessly trying to find speakers that match the ones pictured below. I was thinking Altecs, EV's, or something along those lines. The speakers have no identification information on them and the only info available are the pictures. They appear to have been painted black. What are your guys' best guesses? Many thanks.

IMG_1078.JPG IMG_1079.JPG

MaxSold no longer have previews where I live. Same in your area?

Buying blind sucks. I know a couple where the wife gets bits & pieces from MaxSold for her vintage & collectible shop and she does OK. But her husband paid what I thought was a lot of money for a sight unseen and untried Thorens TT. Once in his possetion, he asked me to give it the once over. Quite frankly, I would have passed it by completely. It was bought simply on the basis of brand recognition.

Last edited:
I work part time taking photos for Maxsold, it's up to the sellers if there is a Preview and most don't want the extra cost.

So I ended up winning the auction at $80. Along with the speakers I get a Elac Miraphon XM110A Turntable, Sanyo G-2615N solid-state music center, Sony CD player CDP-CE 375, Sherwood Receiver RX-4109, Sony Cassette TC-134SD, and that ugly black stereo stand. I'll let you know what I find when I pick them up Saturday. Fingers crossed X.

Totally agreed. And, just as a by the way, like your avatar. I remember researching/reading about Mr. Merrick. A very interesting fellow. I remember seeing his skeleton in the museum in London...
Thanks. He had an awful life, I mean, even the doctor who treated him all that time didn't get his name right when writing his book. Poor guy.

Yeah. Where do you live?

Surrey, BC - near Vancouver.

That Elac would be a bit of a highlight, at least for me but I'm a bit strange when it comes to turntables. I've had a few Elac's but none that old. As per my earlier post, I wouldn't even necessarily cross the street for most Thorens but a vintage changer gets my attention.

Last edited:
Surrey, BC - near Vancouver.

That Elac would be a bit of a highlight, at least for me but I'm a bit strange when it comes to turntables. I've had a few Elac's but none that old. As per my earlier post, I wouldn't even necessarily cross the street for most Thorens but a vintage changer gets my attention.

You're near me. I'm down south near Tacoma, WA. I've been through Surrey and every time it comes up I think about Rick Astley. Evidently that's his home town. Haha!!! I ended up buying the lot for $80. Someone bid with 2 seconds left driving the price up from $26!!! Oh well, I'll let you know what I find. Hopefully something fantastic.

So I picked up the speakers yesterday. Today I opened one up and this is what I found. I suspect the other will be the same from the info I gathered when I picked them up. Thanks for everyone's responses.

IMG_2176.JPG IMG_2177.JPG

I haven't even checked the Elac out yet. I moved so much gear yesterday that by the time I had finished getting it all back to my house I was done for the day. I'll end up taking a look at it later this week. The homemade console it was housed in was falling apart, so I'll remove it and decide what to do with it then. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom