Speaker Lab 2.5 find

Wolverine

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
First day off in 3 weeks meant a quick tour of a couple of thrift stores. Found a Oppo 970H and a pair of Speaker Lab 2.5 speakers. A brand I believe has some followers but I don't know if these are anything special or not so if anyone knows them I would appreciate your thoughts. Cabinets will need a little Howard's Restore A Finish magic and a couple of dust caps are pushed but for $11 I think I did okay.IMG_0686.JPG

Thanks NAD80! The woofers are intact though I am sure the foam is on its last legs.

They have the original paperwork still attached to the back and they are consecutive serial numbers so I don't think they are from a kit. I'm still getting over this cold and a little worn out so I will have to play with them a little later when I am up for it.

I'm still laid up and have not been able to get them setup but comments like those above make me itching to get at them.

Are the woofers correct? Brochure shows a flat style cone and dust cap, yours have a ribbed cone and a dome dustcap.

Hoping they're a different generation. :idea:

EDIT: Dug a little deeper in the brochure, looks like they did have woofers with ribbed cones and dome dustcaps so you're most likely good.

Are the woofers correct? Brochure shows a flat style cone and dust cap, yours have a ribbed cone and a dome dustcap.

Hoping they're a different generation. :idea:

EDIT: Dug a little deeper in the brochure, looks like they did have woofers with ribbed cones and dome dustcaps so you're most likely good.

Thanks for the update! Fever broke and am hoping tomorrow I can give them a listen

Gave them a treatment of Restor-A-Finish and the cabinets cleaned up nicely. Preliminary listening is very positive! Very good imaging and they complete a full range of sound. Listened to Dire Straits (SACD) and The Decembrists on them and they really made the music come alive!

I came across these a few years ago, they sound very nce
11a5a290-3fd3-41cc-9a0d-7dad45d9e6f0.jpg

Hello- I'm quite new in here and was given a pair these speakers Speakerlab 2.5. I haven't had a chance to hook them up but by the look of them it looks ok. The veneers on the bottom part of both speakers are coming off so might need to redo that. It looks like it has been put together by the previous owner which he had it since 1972. I'm hoping it still works.

Back
Top Bottom