Speaker recommendations for sx650?

ooba tooba

Brother picked up an SX650 today and realizes it's not the most powerful unit but has good reviews soundwise. Can anyone recommend speakers that will bring out the most of his receiver? Thanks!

There are so many to consider, almost all will work fine, everyone is going to say something different because there are 100's of them and people have there preferences. Of course the higher quality speakers make a difference, but they can get very expensive, it comes down to your budget really.
What is important is that they sound good to you, are good value for you and your brother.

Research a multitude of speaker options on google then go to ebay and see what's available.
Like rcs16 said, it all depends on your budget. You can either go nuts or stay inside a reasonable limit.
People perceive sound a little differently too, so whatever works for you guys will be the winner here.
Good luck and post back when you've landed some.

Yah....

The Bozak 302a......

Extremely sensitive and applies well to low watt type A amplifiers.

Enjoy !

How about some Boston Acoustics A series. Buy them cheap because they need refoamed. Spend 20 or 30 bucks to refoam. Sound great for years to come.

Yep, what redk9258 said. ^^^ Match made in heaven, by the correct re-foam kits, yes it matters.

I had an SX737 that I tried with my Klipsch KG4s and Cornwalls - couldn't stand the sound. Brought it out to the shop and tried it with my Pioneer HPM100s and it sang like like a bird. My son thought so, too. He took both of them. Guess it helps to keep it in the family!

Yep, PIoneer HPM 100 or JBL L100. Both speakers are very efficient and sound great with less powerful receivers.

Thank you guys! I forwarded thread to him. I think he'd be happy with any of these mentioned. Now he starts looking :beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom