Speaker Shopping - one man's experience with High End models

Hi jbl nut,
I had the same experience. I had the 250ti for many years on a mark Levinson 383 with siltech cables. A serious good sounding combination.
I have been looking for years for better sounding speakers but could not find them. The ti-250 is a realy good speaker.
At this point in my life I can afford a serious upgrade. I tested al the famous speakers to 30.000$ but the 250 still sounded better.
Even top notch Revel (salons etc) bw 803/802 sounded not as good when hearing them side by side.
The dealer himself was disappointed and admitted the difference and took them home again.
Then I upgraded to mark Levinson 585 which did magic. After changing Levinson 390s to the ml519 you would not believe what is coming out of the old jbl ti250.
It is magic. Very difficult to beat that.
But.....

On a rainy day I went to a dealer who had Levinson 585 combined with the 519 streamer/cd player and a set of Wilson audio Yvette.
Within a minute I realized this is the sound I am looking for since many years.
This was a league the old jbl 250 can not beat.
The dealer made me an excelent price and I bought them within minutes.
Now I am waiting for months on the delivery of the yvettes spending a lot of time with my beloved and often misunderstood JBL to 250. I had them for 14 years and enjoyed every minute of it.
Damn I gonna miss them......

Amps !!!
All the best speakers in the world can do is reproduce what's fed to them ...they ain't gonna improve it ..
Resolution and goosebumps begins at the front end ..

Back
Top Bottom