Speaker Wire Recommendations for Fisher 400 to Klipsch KG-4

Could someone recommend which speaker wire to use for my Fisher 400 to Klipsch KG-4 speakers? I just got the Klipsch speakers last night off CL. Near mint condition and super seller. Easy transaction.

14-16 gauge
I know it's heresy here but I buy bulk speaker wire from a local car stereo shop.
it's super fine stranded, has a supple rubbery casing, easily identified polarity colors (none of that faint white line on one lead),
cuts, trims and solders well and lays real easy under throw rugs and corners.

Not critical , lamp cord works in a pinch. However, the longer the distance, the thicker the cable should be. I like 14 ga, but have commercial 12ga.in living room set-up. If it's free, it's for me, so I used that. Some speaker connectors may not fit anything bigger than 14ga.

14-16 gauge
I know it's heresy here but I buy bulk speaker wire from a local car stereo shop.
it's super fine stranded, has a supple rubbery casing, easily identified polarity colors (none of that faint white line on one lead),
cuts, trims and solders well and lays real easy under throw rugs and corners.

Ha ha you said Heresy lol, they're KG-4's.

All kidding aside, I use OFC in-wall speaker wire for just about all my speakers, it's what I have around for my work so...........

That said, I do have some 12 awg (better is subjective) wire connecting my Infinitys.

Good inexpensive wire, Malibu lighting wire and outside extension cords. They are 16ga and priced right, last 100' for under $20 IIRC.
I like getting the dark green extension cord. If you look around some I have found them in grey white black along with at least two shades of green. Of course there is orange also.

Whatever way you go with wire I would recommend terminating them with insulated crimp-on ring connectors at the 400 end.
The screws are small and the spacing is tight. Ring, not fork connectors will eliminate a possible short.
Happy listening.

Whatever way you go with wire I would recommend terminating them with insulated crimp-on ring connectors at the 400 end.
The screws are small and the spacing is tight. Ring, not fork connectors will eliminate a possible short.
Happy listening.
Good idea. I was using the fork ones. Thank you.

Happy listening.

What size ring connectors do you generally use in fisher equipment?

I use Audioquest Type 2 between my 400 and Heresy speakers, mainly because I had a pair of the correct length. Type 4 is my go-to for my other vintage setups.

image.jpeg @kbuzz
I use a ring connector like this.
For #16-14 AWG and hole for a #6 screw.(The terminal screws are slightly smaller)
Home Depot has different sizes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom