Speakers from Yorktown, VA to ATL or WNC

Urizen

Lunatic Member
Barry has a set of La Scalas for sale and I wondered if anyone could possibly pick these up in Yorktown VA, and pony to either Western NC, or Atlanta, GA for pickup at the Southern Fest scheduled for the first weekend in Oct.

Of course, I'll cover fuel and expenses.

You'll need a truck or van. They ain't tiny.:D

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Just a note on the size. They fit nicely in the back of my Ford Explorer with the back seats down.

I'm right off I-85 in NC, wouldn't mind a drive out to the mountains if anyone wants to take them this far :)

Ken, if they make it to Atlanta before October I'd be glad to store them for you and bring them over to the Fest. I could probably even keep them "warmed up" for you. :D

However I can help, just let me know.

Terry

Last edited:
I may be able to help out. I am in cental NC and have a big enough vehicle to move these. I'd help out ANY way possible. What is the timeframe for pickup/delivery?

I'm on it too. Western NC should be a breeze as we have good coverage from central NC to the Ashville area. I am considering the Southern AK fest and will gladly store them here until that time (if I go, I'll know in a week or so). It'd be fun to AB them with my Cornwalls :D. I'd say all we need is from Barry's place to around the NC border and we may be able to about drop them in your back yard.

You fellas are making my hands sweat, literally.:D

Thanks, Jim, Terry, Homer and Mac. Y'all rock.

So how long is the layover period so each of has a good chance to try them out before moving them on :D:D? Looks like we pretty much have it covered either way through NC and all the way to ATL. Urizen the next move is yours, where ya want em?

Mac, Barry says that he is is 99% sure that he can get them to Raleigh. From there, since you are the "horny" one, I would love to hear your comments as to how they compare with your Cornwalls. If you are planning on coming to the fest, and have the room to tote them to ATL, they are yours to enjoy until then.

I have no problem with Oz having them for a period, and I do believe he plans to attend in Oct., and if he could bring them, that would be cool also.

Terry and John (I think John has Cornies, also) are welcome to their turns. We'll all get to hear 'em pushed by a massive 5 WPC Almarro when I get to ATL.

The more ears that get to hear 'em, the better.:music:

I await Barry's confirmation, and it looks like we are good to go, Lord willin' and the crik don't rise.

Ya'll take good care of my gals.;)

Funny thing happened today. I was bidding a set of P Audio drivers, before these Klipsch came about. I lost the auction by $7.50, thank goodness. Whew!

Again, you guys are the greatest, and I look forward to meeting all of you in ATL.

Ken

Last edited:
Make that 100%.:yes:

Barry has informed me that they will make it Raleigh, he's just not sure when.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Ken

Damn, I don't even get to enjoy them???? :sigh:

And I was willing to drive up to VA and pick them up.....

Last edited:

They will be in Raliegh so maybe you could go by my brother in laws house and pick them up! Otherwise, I welcome you to come up to VA and get them them. I could also meet you in Emporia which is about a 90 minute drive for each of us.

The fact that you are willing to drive all this way should at least have the opportunity to listen to them for awhile! :thmbsp:

Let me know and we can work out the details.

Barry

Sorry, Homie, I assumed that you and Mac were close to each other, and you would get the opportunity to hear them with him. My bad.

The speakers are being delivered to Raleigh or you are picking them up. Either way, they are yours to enjoy for a time. Then off to Mac, who, in turn, gets them to Oz, and then to ATL by either Oz, Terry, or John.

Sound like a plan?

Last edited:
Looks like I will be making a trip to Raleigh next Thursday! I have my managers attending a class down there and they asked if I would come down for this meeting as they will be implementing some stratagies that they want me to bless before they pursue final implementation. The worst part is I first have to head down to Elizabeth City a we just purchased another office (our first foray into NC) and one in the Outer Banks too. I will be meeting with the management and staff there and then head over to Raleigh.

Anyone want to give me the best route from EC? Also, will need to know where I will be dropping the speakers. Probably will have to be later Thursday evening as I am sure I will be treating the troops to dinner but can also meet sometime early Friday. I plan on staying at the Raleigh Sheraton I believe but will need to get thos plans finalized.

Let me know guys.

Barry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom