Speakers: What do you own?

Have to update since my FEB post...

Polk SDA SRS 2 are my day-to-days
RSL 8^2 (upgraded XO + drivers)

Last edited:
Four speaker system...

Mains: Cerwin Vega AT-100's (German Version)
Rears: Bose 301's Series III (European Version)

Excellent!

Master bedroom: 2 pairs of JBL ND-310's (first revision)

Living Room: Sansui S-57 and American Acoustic Labs D5550's (looking to replace the American Acoustics as...I don't really care for their sound but, they look cool for my set-up) Stacked on top one another.

Man Cave: Jensen OPC 24's and Jensen OPC 25's stacked on top of one another, and Realistic Nova 7B's by the Bar.

I have more pairs of speakers in other rooms set-ups but I don't use them much......I love speakers lol.

My latest acquisition is a pair of Magnepan 1.7's. They are temporary (?) replacements for my Spectra 22's one of which melted a transformer in the PS.

I have only owned 4 different speakers since 1975.

Dynaco A25
Advent - large Advents
Hafler 200
Vandersteen 2CESigII

May upgrade the Vandys with Treo model in 2017

Did some purging and gifting recently that got me down to a manageable number (which also allows me to bring new ones into the stable if the opportunity presents itself)

Technics SB6000A
a/d/s HT400LCR
Cambridge Sound works Ensemble
Minimus 7
Couple Velodyne subs for good measure :)

A pair of Digital Designs MA-6 studio monitors for the bedroom hi-fi.
The living room currently has a Polk Dynamic Balance Monitor pair, a Klipsch center, and a big-bad 12" MTX Black Gold in a band-pass enclosure I designed and built.
Technics SB-E200 pair agreed upon, and making payments on (They are the best speakers I've ever heard!).

My list is embarrassingly short.
JBL L200's, I bought new in 1974 and are my only speakers now and sound nice. I have also had JBL L65's I bought used in 1975 which I still have the cabs to but are no longer functional.

Klipsch RF7 II
Klipsch 5.5
Klipsch Forte II
JBL L112 2 pair
Genesis 10
Genesis 210
Bose 310 2 pair
Pioneer HPM 150

4 pairs of Martin Logan.

A pair of Theos electrostats on my 2 channel.

Motion 40, Motion 20 and Motion 15 on my 7.1. Centre channel on that system is a Polk Audio LSiM704.

Right now the system is 5.1 because my kid is using the 15s on his 2 channel system.

Speakers I've owned but no longer;

DefTech SM55 (serious sellers remorse)
Polk Audio Monitor 65t, 45b and 15c
Wharfedale Ventana
Soundstage 3D20 (made for a Canadian retailer so not much info out there)

Back
Top Bottom