Speakers you will NEVER sell.

I am pretty sure I will never let go of these KLH Model 6's that I am listening to right now.

Okay, so I sold the KLH Model 6's a few months ago, but now I am CERTAIN I will never sell my Altec 892a Maderas.
They are the first truly magical speakers I have owned.

Again logistics is the killer for me. I only have my living room for my gear w/ a NIKKO 6065 receiver and JBL-G200s for the bedroom. Now with saying that I think the Rectilinear Low Boys, '78 modded Polk Audio Monitor 7s are keepers..If I had TF600s instead of the TF250s I have now would be keepers also. What I'm longing for and not all that expensive for a blue collared dude would be Vandersteen 2ci or 3aSignatures or Ohm/walsh 2xo if the room space was the same.

Sorta shocked that I sold, just last night, my JBL L46's AND my beloved Bose 601 Series II's. Got nearly 400 for both pairs, and have the option of re-buying if I wish.

To be honest, when you have Vandersteen 2c's and Polk SDA-1's, you don't tend to give the other two pair mentioned much listening time.

All the speakers I swore I wouldn't sell over the last 3 or 4 years are now gone. As new rigs arrive and I gush over them. Then some weeks or months later, a better pair show up. The previous Never Sell speakers are then put up for sale and ushered out. So far, no regrets.

xo, Biggles

I thought I'd never sell my refurbished by me Cornwalls! To be honest I just don't have the room for them,and they were suffocating in here! The guy that got them has a way bigger room and when I heard them there I understood the Cornwall obsession, so I let them go to a better place(for them!) lol
I did make out pretty good though IMO, he gave me back my old KG4s with upgraded crites tweets (Regretted selling those), a nice pair of JBL 4312 control monitors, and a Marantz 2270 receiver with LEDs, :) I'm happy

I also LOVE my Dynaco A-35's. They sound so amazingly good with the H.H. Scott model 399 receiver that I can't imagine selling them... at least at the present moment I can't imagine selling them.

I don't think I have posted to this thread, but have commented on the subject in others I am sure.
I have a few pair that I may never sell.

Beveridge Model 3 - just the pinnacle of sound.
Altec Big Red - perfect with tubes and just all around cool
Cambridge Soundworks Original Ensemble - my first real set of speakers out of college. Sound fantastic, but also have sentimental value.

I have numerous other good speakers and a group of project speakers that once restored, may enter the short list above.

Question from Gerry near by Stuttgart:
I´m from germany and a new beveridge owner since 1 month (Dec. 11h 2016). This spaekers are from another planet! But...
I do own as well another pair of Modell 3 without the electronic (HV base). Do you have a curcuit diagram for this modell? I´m also looking for an OTL amplifier for the SW2 (shown on the picture)?
best regards
Gerry
gerry@kurzenberger.eu

Question from Gerry near by Stuttgart:
I´m from germany and a new beveridge owner since 1 month (Dec. 11h 2016). This spaekers are from another planet! But...
I do own as well another pair of Modell 3 without the electronic (HV base). Do you have a curcuit diagram for this modell? I´m also looking for an OTL amplifier for the SW2 (shown on the picture)?
best regards
Gerry
gerry@kurzenberger.eu
Gerry,
I'm not familiar with your speakers. If you don't find an answer in this thread, you might do better if you start your own thread with question in title in this Speakers section. Welcome to AK.

Last edited:
My D9s... after getting the Heppner Dhorm HED soft dome tweeters in them (see ya bullet horns) and bypassing the frequency controls, they sound totally unlike any D9s I have heard previously. Additional bracing inside and adding 35lbs of weight to each really tightened things up. I intend to redo the crossovers next year when I talk to someone about what needs to be done and why. I do intend to spray the interior with some kind of rubberized product to further damp the cabs internally

Back
Top Bottom