Speakers you will NEVER sell.

My Gale's GS-401A speakers still rock in the basement man cave and my compact Rogers JR-149's for the master bedroom. The JR's have a lot of WAF factor being compact and placed close to the walls.

Attachments

• Vin2.JPG
    Vin2.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 35
  • JR-FEB-2014-1_11.JPG
    JR-FEB-2014-1_11.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 33
I had to count out on my fingers (terrible at math) but I guess I've owned the AMT 3 speakers since we moved to our first home in 1974 so 42 years. I was driving a company truck at the time and with no car payment, I paid the equavalent of car money for my McIntosh stereo and the ESS speakers. It really did seem nuts at the time but in those days, we listened to our records for entertainment so I guess the stereo would compare today to a home theater set up.
'74 was right in the middle of the hey-day of Hi-Fi.. If there was money to be had, you really had no choice. How many TV shows and movies did you see where some suave, debonair dude lowers the needle down on some Mingus vinyl before the fade to black signifying that he was laying some serious pipe, thanks to that bitchin' stereo? The MacIntosh and the Rock Monitors weren't optional. You had to have them. Who would argue otherwise?

LivingRoomShot.jpg

I remember the scene in the movie Ten where Dudley Moore put Bollaro on the turntable and when the needle got to the end of the record, it kept skipping along which helped ruin the mood. That would have been more like it

Bolero. Unless of course you mean Bollard:

Automation%20Bollard.gif

Which is incorrect also. To the whole thing I would say: Bollocks!!
https://imgur.com/EuCNS4x
EuCNS4x.gifv
EuCNS4x.gifv

Last edited:
I'll go a different direction and say my PSB Alphas. They're an early version, made in Canada when PSB was an independent company. They have non-removable grills and I believe paper coned woofers. I was surprised when I heard them as display units, bought them initially as near field reference monitors and have played a tremendous amount of music through them since. Through all the life fluctuations--many of which forced me to put much of my system away--I could always find room for the Alphas. Since they're worth more to me than the small amount I'd get if selling them, I don't see letting them go.

And still ... on Saturday I played some newer John McLaughlin and the 4th Dimension -
BASS!! - OMG, those damned Von Schweikert VR4s :)
(Tho I still haven't stripped the black paint off the caps to reveal finely grained wood!)

Last edited:
As of now.Jbl-112,L100,L20t Klipsch Heresy,
Riding the fence are Tannoy monitor reds 12' Not because I don't like them but they are too big and probably best suited for tubes.
Nine years later I still have the 112,100 and l20t.Except for the 112 they are expendable.

Never say " Never"........................ I said that about several hotrods, guns and motorcycles over the years but I don't think I will sell my Cornwalls after 30 plus years and counting.

My 70s epi M1000s, They are in storage waiting for the proper size room, some reasons for never selling, only 500 pr were made, also I communicated with the designer and epi company owner. Imposing statements, people that walk in the room just stare up in awe , walk around and smile and take selfies with their phones, funny they take the room over at 6.5' tall. sound is just as intimidating. Got them from the original owner that was very proud he kept them so many years, and he was happy that i cared and was going to keep and restore them, and not flip them for cash.

A pair of JBL L-26 Decades and DCM CX-21's.

A year ago I would have said my Magnapan 1.6qr's but we sold the house and downsized. Now, I'm looking to unload them.

My Altec 874a Segovia's. Why? They play all genre's of music well, and excel in live music recordings.

Easy: My KLH 9250Bs. They have to be amongst the best budget speakers manufactured in the early 2000s. While they be a bit shy on the bass front sans EQ, what the midrange and tweeter do with the human voice and upper frequency ranges of instruments is simply astounding for a (then) $200 pair of floorstanding loudspeakers. Even though I currently use another pair of KLH units from around the same era, the 9250B pair provided untold amounts of sonic enjoyment for 13 years straight and are resting safely in my basement. Inexpensive doesn't always equate to "cheap." These speakers are an undiscovered gem I'd recommend to any listener and I have no plans of parting with them, period.

Back
Top Bottom