Speakers you will NEVER sell.

I’ve learned to never say never. It seems whenever I definitively decide something, the universe challenges that. That being said, here’s my current list.

JBL S99 lancers, not the best sounding speakers but they once belonged to a good friend.

Knight KN-615hc drivers belonged to a relative, can’t picture letting them go to anyone but family. (And they sound good)

Stephens 206ax and 206axa - I want to great lengths to acquire these and am building my whole dream system around them. I enjoyed getting to know the previous owner and would not feel right selling them.

Yes, I have sentimental attachment to objects that remind me of people I care/cared about.

My Allison Twos will never leave. My dad bought them new in '79 and now they're in my living room. Hopefully one of the kids will appreciate them when I can't anymore.

Keep forever...My Sonus Faber Guarneri Homages.

Why...They are the most beautiful speakers I've ever seen and they sound phenomenal with every type of amp I have used to drive them.

KEF Q10, both tweeters had damage due to gummed up ferrofluid, and one had VC rubbed open, the other had detached VC. No replacements available from KEF, so I replaced both VC and diaphragms with some from China with the same impedance. Far as I can tell the repair was a success. But again, wouldn't feel right selling someone my hack job.

Last edited:
Sony SS-3300's. I'll never sell these. They are very large, rare, and sound incredible. Plus I have the matching amp, tuner, and turntable that was sold with them. None of that set is going anywhere soon.

AR3A's, Dahlquist DQ-10's, VL modded Optimus 5B's, Minimus 7's, Energy Pro 22's, Vandersteen 2CI's, JBL L100T's, I have a hard time letting go! :)

Wow!...Good story.....Mine is a little simpler!..I found my AR3A's for $12.00/pair...at a Goodwill....then later the AR2's appeared for $12.00/pair also....along with a pair of JBL L65's....needing refoaming for $12.00/pair....(parted out the JBL's for $547.00...I still have the 2x 12" woofers) ...the AR's are keepers!!!!
I live in a small town and I never see deals like that at my local Goodwill. I wonder some times if I'm the only person in town that owns decent equipment. I do have a neighbor that has a pair of Bose 901's. Sorry, but I never considered those to be Hi Fi. But, I guess opinions vary.

Last edited:
These speakers are pretty much keepers. Dunlavy Alethas, Time Windows 3, Acoustic Research 312-HO, Time Frames TF250, Klipsch KG4.
They're all in use and I enjoy them every day.

Never say never, but for the moment.....

Marantz HD 880's - Fairly recent pick up. Good fun.
Warfedales W90D's - Sweet
Energy ESM1's - 1st speakers I re-foamed myself.
Energy Connoisseur CF 50's - Sentimental speakers. Speakers my best friend owned before passing.
Celestion DL6's - 1st pair of speakers I purchased (1986)

My 12 inch Zenith 49CZ802 ( circa 1958 ) alnico's in open baffles. Such a sweet tone I'm often reduced to tears of joy.

View attachment 1027044

This is an experience I'd love to share. Certain it's the speakers and not the music? Well, I guess I know the answer to that--it's both.

Never say " Never"........................ I said that about several hotrods, guns and motorcycles over the years but I don't think I will sell my Cornwalls after 30 plus years and counting.

Cornwalls are probably my favorite Klipsch models of all time, though I never owned a pair. Understood about the other paraphernalia--I've said it about ten different cars and sold them all, several within two or three years. Loudspeakers? Well I've never sold any, and I have a couple dozen pairs. Though, I have given some away and had some really nice JBLs stolen many years ago. I can still smell their oak veneers, almost. I've a thing for wood veneers
index.php

My JBL L26 came from my late little sister.
My Ohm Walsh FRS11.3000 my all time favorites
My Energy RC70 towers
My PSB Imagine B's.

I thought I had already posted in this thread but cannot find it if I did. I said I would never sell my Quad 57's...I lied. I said I would never sell my KEF 107's...they were up for sale (but taken down...for now). I guess everything is fair game for me in audio!

Thanks for the photos...you guys have ramped up this thread nicely in the last several posts.
Those small Advents look sweet as heck!

KLH guy, I'm now reading your (entertaining) post from ten years ago!
Gotta get some coffee though
index.php

Back
Top Bottom